MyVirtualVisit is a secure video solution allowing clients to use their personal smartphone, tablet or computer to meet with their healthcare provider from the comfort of their own home. About MyVirtualVisit (01:27m)
MyVirtualVisit is intended to complement existing face-to-face and Telehealth appointments. You have the flexibility to decide when MyVirtualVisit is suitable for your client appointments and may end the appointment if you find MyVirtualVisit does not meet the care needs of your clients.
- Island Health is currently offering MyVirtualVisit services for both Island Health healthcare providers and clinics, as well as private practice physicians.
- Virtual Care fee for service codes and guidance currently exist for Primary Care and most specialities. For more information please see the Doctors of BC resource Center for Virtual Care and the MSC payment schedule.
- If you are a healthcare provider interested in offering MyVirtualVisit as a service, please review the materials below to determine if virtual care is suitable for your clinic. Contact the Island Health Virtual Care team at Telehealth@viha.ca or by phone 1-888-519-1880 to discuss further.
Preparing for an Appointment
To help you prepare for an upcoming MyVirtualVisit appointment, please review the following materials:
- Healthcare Provider Practice Standards
- Scheduling a MyVirtualVisit appointment
- Preparing for and Attending your MyVirtualVisit Appointment
For technical support or general inquiries, contact MyVirtualVisit Support*.
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday 08:00-16:00
Contact: 1-888-519-1880 or Telehealth@viha.ca
*Note: The quality of the video and audio connection depends on the devices and networks used by each participant in the MyVirtualVisit appointment.