Island Health has an Intranet where employees can find resources and information, as well as share news in the Lunchroom. The links on this page are only accessible to employees and physicians of Island Health who have a valid Island Health login ID. If you do not work for Island Health and you do not have login access, you will not be able to access the Island Health Intranet.
Check your Island Health email
Did you know that you can check your Island Health email when you are away from your desk?
All you need is an internet connection, a web browser and an Island Health email account (i.e., email@example.com). Then follow these steps:
- Using a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, go to http://mail.viha.ca/ to log into Outlook Web Access (OWA).
- A log-in screen will appear.
- Enter the same user name and password that you use to check your email at work.
- If you have trouble access your email, contact the IMIT Service Desk at 250-370-8777 or toll free at 1-877-563-3152.
Connect to the Intranet
Note: Island Health Intranet pages are best viewed using Internet Explorer 7.0 or greater, and may not display correctly using other web browsers.
- You will need your Island Health Windows Login ID and Password.
- If you don't know your account information, speak to your manager or contact the IMIT Service Desk at 250-370-8777 or toll free at 1-877-563-3152.
- Open Internet Explorer (or any web browser) and go to https://intranet.viha.ca
- Enter your Login ID and Password when prompted.
- You can now browse the Intranet.
If you are a new or former Island Health employee, we have included forms here to help with you financial, employment and certification needs.
Payment, bank and tax forms
- Employee SelfService to access to e-Pay on the intranet
- Direct Deposit Enrollment/Change Form - Island Health Wide
- Direct Deposit Enrollment/Change Form - Instructions
- TD1 (Federal) Tax Form - Canada Revenue Agency Website
- TD1BC (British Columbia) Tax Form - Canada Revenue Agency Website
- Group Benefits - Information and Forms
- Personal Information Change to update your mailing address, phone number, etc.
- Record of Employment to use with Service Canada, Employment Insurance, etc.
- Verification of Employment to use when applying for mortgage, loan, etc.
Certification and Experience forms
Contact Human Resources
Contact HR Access for information about benefits, retirement, pensions and other human resource-related matters.
Intranet quick links
An Island Health account is required to access these links.
- Intranet home page
- New Employee Resources
- Employee Services
- Clinical Resources
- Our Organization
- Standards and Policies
In August 2018, Island Health launched a new website for physicians and medical staff called Medical Staff.