Access your results and clinical notes online
The MyHealth patient portal is a secure website that gives you convenient, 24/7 access to your Island Health personal health information from anywhere with an internet connection. It allows you to take ownership of your health and participate actively with your family doctor (primary care provider) or specialist. MyHealth is the “patient view” subset of your electronic health record, which your health care team uses to provide you with care. No referral is required to enroll in MyHealth.
MyHealth Brochure for viewing and printing.
When you enroll in MyHealth, you will be able to:
- Access and view Island Health lab results
- Access and view Island Health medical imaging reports
- Access and view certain Island Health clinical documents from medical staff (physicians, nurse practitioners and midwives)
- View certain appointment details and instructions
- Grant access to your account
- Request proxy access to someone else’s MyHealth account
- More Information
MyHealth Frequently Asked Questions (webpage)
Introducing MyHealth (video)
Navigating your MyHealth account (video)
- Quick Reference Guides
- How to set up and log in to your MyHealth account
- MyHealth Dashboard Overview
- How to Review Laboratory Results, Medical Imaging Reports and Appointments
- How to Manage Appointments (Adult Cystic Fibrosis Patients)
- How to Manage Messages
- How to Manage Messages (Adult Cystic Fibrosis Patients)
- How to Manage Clipboard Forms
- How to Review Clinical Documentation
Request Access to Someone Else's MyHealth Account
Need access to someone else's MyHealth account? Proxy access allows a third party to access someone else's MyHealth account when the individual has consented, or the person is authorized to act on their behalf. This includes access to health information for a child/minor, adolescent or adult. Request Access to Someone Else's MyHealth Account
Questions about your health care should be directed to your family doctor (primary care provider) or specialist. You can also contact HealthLinkBC (Dial 811), which provides access to non-emergency health information and advice in British Columbia.
If you believe any of the information in your record is inaccurate: Contact Health Information Management at MyHealth@islandhealth.ca. (Monitored Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
For technical support, call the MyHealth Help Desk, toll-free at any time, at 1-800-249-1024.
The MyHealth Help Desk is located in Missouri, United States. Please be assured that your personal health information is kept confidential at Island Health and only stored within Canada. While the MyHealth Help Desk support staff can assist you with you account access, they do not have access to any of your personal health information.
Cancelling your MyHealth account
To cancel your MyHealth account, call the MyHealth Help Desk, toll-free at any time, at 1-800-249-1024.