Contact Us

Island Health

Mailing Address

1952 Bay Street
Victoria, B.C.
V8R 1J8

Switchboard 250-370-8699  
Toll-Free 1-877-370-8699 
Research Enquiries Contact Research
Website feedback Contact Web Communications 

Frequently asked questions

How do I make a complaint about my care?

If you have a complaint about your care, please contact our Patient Care Quality Office. You can find more details on our Making a Complaint page.

How can I send a compliment to the staff that cared for me?

If you have a compliment about quality of care, please first speak with the person who provided the service, or to the manager of the area.

If you are no longer receiving care or service, compliments may be submitted to the Patient Care Quality Office (PCQO) in writing via regular mail, in writing via email, verbally over the telephone, and in person. You can find more details on our Sending a Compliment page. 

Where can I find up-to-date information on COVID-19?

Please visit our COVID-19 page to find information on vaccine and booster eligibility, testing and more.

How do I apply for a job?

Please visit our Careers section to apply for jobs and learn about careers in health.

How do I volunteer?

We are proud to support volunteer programs at healthcare sites across our region. Learn more about volunteering with Island Health at our Volunteer Resources & Engagement page. 

How do I find a new family physician?

Contact HealthLink BC by dialing 8-1-1 toll-free in British Columbia or for deaf and hearing-impaired, call 7-1-1. For email, contact Health Link at The service is available any time of the day or night, every day of the year. You can speak with a person who can help you connect with a health professional.

Can I get a copy of my health record?

Yes. Under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, you must make a request in writing. For details and instructions, please visit our Access to Information and Records page.

My loved one needs more care at home or may even need to move into a facility. What do I do?

Contact our Home Care Services page to learn about options available to you.

Can I visit my loved one in hospital?

Please check our Visiting Someone in Hospital page – or the BCCDC Long-Term Care Facilities & Assisted Living page guidelines for more details. Another great way to say "get well soon" is to send Well Wishes.

Where do I get my baby or child immunized?

Please contact your local Public Health Unit to make an appointment and to learn more about vaccines.

Where do I view restaurant inspections and make a complaint?

You can view inspections online and contact Health Protection & Environmental Services if you have any concerns about food handling.

How do I get a food permit?

Please visit our food safety page for application forms.

Is my local drinking water safe?

Island Health works with local water suppliers to ensure water meets high safety standards. Please visit our drinking water page to learn more.

How do I make a donation?

Please contact your local foundation to donate or help with fundraising. Thank you for your decision to support quality, local care.

How do I access Island Health information or resources, or recruit participants for my research study?

Please email with your request. If you have a human research ethics approval certificate or letter, attach it to your email.

How do I access Island Health data for a study or project?

Email with a brief description of your project and the data you think you'll need. For research projects or large requests, please use this Data Request Form.