1952 Bay Street
|COVID-19 Testing||If testing is recommended, call 1-844-901-8442 between 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. daily.|
|COVID-19 Immunizations||Register online www.getvaccinated.gov.bc.ca or by phone: 1-833-348-4787|
|Research Enquiries||Contact Research|
|Website feedback||Contact Web Communications|
Frequently asked questions
- How do I make a complaint about my care?
- How do I apply for a job?
Please visit our Careers section to apply for jobs and learn about careers in health.
- How do I volunteer?
We are proud to support volunteer programs at healthcare sites across our region. Learn more about volunteering with Island Health at our Volunteer Resources & Engagement page.
- How do I find a new family physician?
Contact HealthLink BC by dialing 8-1-1 toll-free in British Columbia or for deaf and hearing-impaired, call 7-1-1. For email, contact Health Link at email@example.com. The service is available any time of the day or night, every day of the year. You can speak with a person who can help you connect with a health professional.
- Can I get a copy of my health record?
Yes. Under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, you must make a request in writing. For details and instructions, please visit our Access to Information and Records page.
- My loved one needs more care at home or may even need to move into a facility. What do I do?
Contact our Home Care Services page to learn about options available to you.
- Can I visit my loved one in hospital?
Please check our Visiting Someone in Hospital page – or the BCCDC Long-Term Care Facilities & Assisted Living page guidelines for more details. Another great way to say "get well soon" is to send Well Wishes.
- Where do I get my baby or child immunized?
- Where do I view restaurant inspections and make a complaint?
- How do I get a food permit?
Please visit our food safety page for application forms.
- Is my local drinking water safe?
Island Health works with local water suppliers to ensure water meets high safety standards. Please visit our drinking water page to learn more.
- How do I make a donation?
Please contact your local foundation to donate or help with fundraising. Thank you for your decision to support quality, local care.
- How do I access Island Health information or resources, or recruit participants for my research study?
Please email ResearchEthics@islandhealth.ca with your request. If you have a human research ethics approval certificate or letter, attach it to your email.
- How do I access Island Health data for a study or project?
Email DataRequest@islandhealth.ca with a brief description of your project and the data you think you'll need. For research projects or large requests, please use this Data Request Form.