Effective March 4, 2022, pay parking will resume at all Island Health sites that previously had pay parking in place.
Parking rates will return at the same level they were when frozen in 2020. Parking enforcement will resume March 4, 2022.
Free parking is permitted in the following scenarios.
Please connect with your care program or volunteer coordinator for a pass:
- A patient undergoing active cancer treatment or renal dialysis in acute care programs
- Including any tests or appointments related to cancer/renal dialysis care
- A parent or caregiver of a child, age 18 years or younger, who is staying in the hospital overnight
- Includes planned overnight hospital stays
- Does not include extended Emergency Department visits
- Does not include childbirth-related overnight stays, unless the newborn requires a hospital stay and the birthing parent has been discharged
- Provisions for financial hardship will be considered on a case-by-case basis