The Community Medical Detox in Victoria provides voluntary, medically supervised withdrawal management. This is an abstinence-based program for individuals with alcohol and/or substance use disorder.
- 24-hour support for withdrawal management
- Average stay of seven days
- Daily programming, including clinician-lead group counselling, peer support, facilitated recovery groups and AcuDetox
- Support to safely reach the early stages of abstinence-based recovery
- Referrals to community resources
How to access services
Referrals are available through:
- Self refer by contacting your local Mental Health and Substance Use Team
- Island Health service providers, including addiction and recovery workers, nurses and clinicians
Once Community Medical Detox receives your referral, you will be placed on the waitlist and contacted when a bed becomes available.
Admissions are booked by medical priority. Individuals referred to the program must be able to move independently and manage their own basic self-care.
Eric Martin Pavilion
2334 Trent Street