Payments for Work-Related Injuries

If your visit to one of our hospitals is due to a work-related injury, your visit will be registered and billed to WorkSafeBC

It is your responsibility to initiate a claim by contacting WorkSafeBC as soon as possible in order for WorkSafeBC to pay the visit on your behalf. 

Failure to register your claim with WorkSafeBC may result in you becoming personally responsible for the cost of services received. Medical Service Plan of BC (MSP) does not cover work-related injuries.

WorkSafeBC must have all the required information to make a decision on your claim. If WorkSafeBC does not receive completed forms from all parties (the employer, the employee and the hospital), they will reject the bill. The costs for the hospital visit will then become the responsibility of the patient.

It is important to keep our office up-to-date on the status of your WorkSafeBC claim to avoid having your account become delinquent.

Out of Province Workers' Compensation Board Claims

If you visited one of our hospitals regarding a Workers' Compensation Board claim from another province, advise the doctor and/or the hospital each time you receive service for this injury so the correct province can be billed on a timely basis.

If you have received a bill, contact the service provider immediately to provide the claim information and have your account updated. Failure to do so may result in your continuing to be responsible for this debt.

Questions? Contact the Island Health Revenue Billing department:

1952 Bay St
Victoria, B.C.
V8R 1J8

Toll Free: 1-866-995-3299
Fax: 250-519-1723