Parking Services Department
The Parking Services department manages and maintains pay parking locations with designated parking lots for the public, Island Health staff and physicians.
Payment for Island Health parking is supported on site by parking meters located through-out the facility and through a mobile app called HONK.
For health center specific parking information please visit the Island Health website you are interested in under the Our Locations section of our website.
Free parking is permitted in the following scenarios. Please connect with your care program or volunteer coordinator for a pass:
- A patient undergoing active cancer treatment or renal dialysis in acute care programs
- Including any tests or appointments related to cancer/renal dialysis care
- A parent or caregiver of a child, age 18 years or younger, who is staying in the hospital overnight
- Includes planned overnight hospital stays
- Does not include extended Emergency Department visits
- Does not include childbirth-related overnight stays, unless the newborn requires a hospital stay and the birthing parent has been discharged
- Volunteers registered with Island Health
- Family Caregivers who assist with providing care for residences in long term care facilities a minimum of twice a week.
- Provisions for financial hardship will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Contact Parking Services
Nanaimo Regional General Hospital
1200 Dufferin Crescent
Royal Jubilee Hospital
1952 Bay Street
Victoria General Hospital
1 Hospital Way