Patients and visitors attending Island Health locations with pay parking:
- Pay parking is in effect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Parking is limited and on a first-come, first-parked basis and might be difficult to obtain during peak periods. We encourage visitors to consider alternate commuter options whenever possible.
- Payment systems vary by location. Pay stations will take Canadian $0.05, $0.10, $0.25, $1.00, $2.00 coins as well as MasterCard, VISA and American Express.
- Rates vary by location. Find location specific rates
Long Term Parking
Discounted weekly parking permits (7 days, 24/7 use) are available from many of our parking metres or directly from one of our parking offices. Monthly permits are not available.
Special parking permits may be available to offset the cost of parking for eligible individuals.
- Family Caregiver parking permits can be arranged through the residential care facility.
- Renal Dialysis parking permits can be arranged through the renal dialysis unit.
Financial Hardship permits are available on a case-by-case basis and can be arranged through your unit social worker.
Motorcycles can park free of charge in designated motorcycle areas. If using a parking stall, payment is required.
Island Health parking lots are not designed to accommodate large vehicles such as RV’s and trailers. Please make alternate arrangements if you have a need to park your RV or trailer. RV’s and campers that have a need to be at care facility should contact Parking Services in advance to discuss arrangements.
Commercial Visitor Parking
Pay parking applies to contractors and their employees whose services have been retained by Island Health. Contact Parking Services for discounted weekly permit information.
Parking Enforcement, Violations, and Meter Issues
Parking Enforcement on Island Health lots is performed by Robbins Parking Service Ltd. Contact Robbins for help with parking violations, appeals and meter issues.
Island Health reserves the right to tow vehicles parked in violation of parking regulations and where normal enforcement action is found to be ineffective.
Parking Services Department
The Parking Services department manages and maintains pay parking locations with designated parking lots for the public, Island Health staff and physicians.
Contact Parking Services
Nanaimo Regional General Hospital
1200 Dufferin Crescent
Royal Jubilee Hospital
1952 Bay Street
Victoria General Hospital
1 Hospital Way