Research Ethics & Compliance Office
E. Sarah Bennett – Manager, Research Ethics & Compliance
- Compliance with local, national, and international policies and legislation
- Activities, procedures and direction of Research Ethics administration
- Ethics or integrity queries or concerns
- Training and presentations
Tracy Wong - Research Quality Assurance Specialist
- Advises on and provides training regarding quality and compliance-related activities including US FCOI
250-519-5300 ext. 36220
Kimberly Horie - Research Administrative Coordinator
- Coordinates the operational review for research studies accessing Island Health resources and sites.
250-519-6726 ext. 36726
CLINICAL RESEARCH ETHICS BOARD (CREB)
Karen Medler - Research Ethics Coordinator
- Coordinates the review of Clinical minimal risk and full board applications and associated deferral/proviso responses, post-approval activities, and general inquiries related to clinical research ethics.
250-519-5300 ext. 36207
Joey Pearson - Research Ethics Administrative Assistant
- CREB support
- Responsible for handling incoming general inquiries, minimal risk CREB post-approval activities, and fee payment.
250-519-5300 ext. 36207
HEALTH RESEARCH ETHICS BOARD (HREB)
Victoria Philibert - Research Ethics Coordinator
- Coordination of HREB policies and expectations, and coordinates the review of behavioural applications, and provides support for harmonized ethics reviews.
250-519-5300 ext. 36212
Julita Traylen – Research Ethics Administrative Assistant
- HREB support
- Responsible for handling incoming general inquiries, minimal risk HREB post-approval activities, and fee payment.
250-519-5300 ext. 36216
Research complaints or concerns?
How to Submit a Research Complaint or Concern
In the first instance, formal complaints should be registered with the Manager, Research Ethics & Compliance by email, or by phone.
How to register your complaint:
Complaints should be directed to the Manager, Research Ethics & Compliance at ResearchEthics@islandhealth.ca with the subject line "Research Concern/Complaint". The Manager will investigate the matter in consultation with the relevant designate. A response will be provided to the Complainant.
Procedures outline specific timelines for research integrity related complaints. The Office is committed to timely responses and appropriate contact with Complainants based on the seriousness, and applicable requirements as well as the needs of the individuals involved.
You may also raise concerns by contacting the Research Ethics & Compliance Office at 250-519-6726.