Island Health’s Clinical Trials Unit supports researchers to expand the number of studies and treatment options we offer to patients and their families.
We conduct both investigator-initiated and industry-sponsored clinical trials, and our Principal Investigators work across a wide range of medical specialties. Our research coordinators work closely with investigators and with study participants.
Current trials focus on:
- endocrinology (diabetes)
- neurology (stroke care, dementia, and multiple sclerosis)
- acute care (sepsis, shock, and ventilator-acquired pneumonia)
A list of active clinical trials at Island Health is available on clinicaltrials.gov
Curious about participating in clinical research?
- Find out how to get involved
- Read about the patient experience
- Watch one of our researchers explode the myth of the clinical trial guinea pig
- Learn more about the south Island's community-based research groups
- Learn about participating in clinical trials across Canada
- View a list of currently enrolling studies across North America
For more information contact
|Mandeep Manhas||Clinical Research Manager|
|Phone||250-519-7700 ext. 13511|