Island Health’s Clinical Trials Unit supports researchers to expand the number of studies and treatment options we offer to patients and their families.
We conduct both investigator-initiated and industry-sponsored clinical trials, and our Principal Investigators work across a wide range of medical specialties. Our research coordinators work closely with investigators and with study participants.
Current trials focus on:
- Critical care (sepsis, shock, ventilator-acquired pneumonia, transfusion threshold treatment for head injuries and bacteremia
- Infectious Diseases (fecal microbiota transplant for C. difficile; novel antibiotic therapy)
- Neurology (migraine, dementia)
- Registries (national surgical registry; provincial heart attack outcomes)
A list of active clinical trials at Island Health is available on clinicaltrials.gov
Curious about participating in clinical research?
- Find out how to get involved
- Watch one of our researchers explode the myth of the clinical trial guinea pig
- Learn about participating in clinical trials across Canada
- View a list of currently enrolling studies across North America
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.