Health research needs you to make a difference!
Find out how you can get involved.
Become a Study Participant
Are you interested in participating in a research study? Sign up as a volunteer or patient partner through REACH BC!
This provincial platform connects you with researchers and study opportunities based on your interests and location. You can also subscribe to Island Health’s quarterly research newsletter to receive information and updates about current studies in the region, or check out currently enrolling studies on clinicaltrials.gov.
Become a Patient Partner
There are lots of ways to get involved in research beyond participating as a study subject. Patient partners include anyone directly affected by a health condition, illness, or health system issue: family members, loved ones, and care givers as well as patients. Whether you're interested in joining a research team, helping to set priorities for future research, or contributing to events and education, your experience provides a unique and valuable perspective.
- Complete this brief survey and we'll be in touch when we have an opportunity that fits your interests.
- Contact Taylor.Hainstock@viha.ca to learn more
- Our Patient Advisory Council provides patient perspectives and advice to health care leaders.
- The Patient Voices Network allows you to use your experience to influence change in the health care system.
Looking for a volunteer or a student to support your research? Contact email@example.com.
We'll be your research matchmaker! We connect researchers with students, clinicians with researchers, and students with clinicians to help answer research questions and provide access to data. We also work with academic partners, community organizations, and industry to improve health through research.
- Submit a request to collaborate with us.