Nearly 400 studies are currently approved under Island Health’s two research ethics boards. Island Health conducts and supports a wide range of research that:
- creates new knowledge to improve health and care in our communities
- discovers the most effective ways to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases through clinical trials
- engages people by working together to ensure that the right patient receives the right treatment at the right time
- applies research evidence to improve health services, support policy-making, and strengthen the healthcare system
Learn more about COVID-19 research at Island Health.
To ensure we're meeting the needs of the communities we serve, we focus on research in:
- Seniors Health
- Mental Health and Substance Use
- Indigenous Health
Summary reports on active studies and research activities in each geography. Dated Spring 2021.
- Geography 1 Summary Report
- Geography 2 Summary Report
- Geography 3 Summary Report
- Geography 4 Summary Report