The Rapid Access Clinic (RAC) at Duncan Mental Health and Substance Use
What is the RAC?
- RAC operates as a walk-in clinic offered through Duncan Mental Health and Substance Use where members of the public can access single session drop-in services for mental health and substance use issues.
- Offers assessments and recommendations to link individuals to the appropriate resource with the aim of increasing access and flow.
- Provides service on a drop-in basis only. Appointments will not be booked.
- Services are available between 10:00am and 2:00pm Monday to Friday (closed on statutory holidays). Please be advised to arrive before 1:30pm.
- Assessment information is recorded on a client’s Electronic Health Record and assessment findings are shared with the client’s primary care provider to ensure continuity of care.
What do we offer?
- Drop-in service (no appointment necessary)
- Assessment, treatment planning, Single Session Brief Therapy, psycho-education, and referral to community resources.
- Connection to Mental Health and Substance Use Outpatient Services (based on program mandates)
- Detox Referrals
How it works:
- Adults attend the Duncan Mental Health and Substance Use site for a single session appointment with a Rapid Access Clinician. This will take 40-60 minutes.
- Upon completion of this session, the Rapid Access Clinician will provide information and details about next steps for service.
- Services may be offered through Duncan Mental Health and Substance Use or alternative community resources.
- Individuals will be seen based on a triage/ priority process.
- Same day appointments are not guaranteed. There is no waitlist.
The Referral Process
No referral is necessary. This service is available on a walk-in / drop-in basis within the hours of 10 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Monday – Friday at the Duncan Mental Health and Substance Use office.
Duncan Mental Health & Substance Use
3088 Gibbins Road, Duncan, BC, V9L 1E8