YT5 (Youth Tier 5) provides integrated service to youth primarily 13-18 years of age who have multiple and complex needs related to persistent and significant substance use and mental health challenges.
The YT5 Team utilizes a wraparound team case management approach to provide personalized care unique to each youth. The goals of the team are to improve health, social functioning, and access to care by offering a predominately intensive outreach approach.
The YT5 Team is staffed by a team that includes specialists in substance use, mental health, nursing, social work, family counselling, psychiatry and peer support.
Who We Serve
The target population is youth engaged in high levels of substance use with significant risk of negative health outcomes and have not had their needs adequately met by existing care systems. Priority will be given to youth who are experiencing these issues and identify as members of marginalized communities.
Goals of Service
- Improve coordination of services and enhance integration of services for youth and families
- Reduce avoidable hospitalizations
- Reduce harms of substance use for youth and their families
- Enhance access to health and psychosocial services
Youth who are engaged in high levels of substance use with significant risk of negative health outcomes, with concurrent mental health concerns, leading to an inability to consistently perform the range of daily activities required for basic independence, family, school, work and community functioning.
Youth who require intensive outreach case management to help improve outcomes. Youth with the aforementioned eligibility criteria may also be experiencing these factors:
- Additional vulnerabilities, including risk of homelessness and exploitation
- Difficulties accessing services and/or have not been well served by traditional models of care (including emergency services)
- Limited or no professional supports
- High use of hospital and emergency services
General Information on Youth Tier 5 (YT5) – Mobile Intensive Case Management Team
Referrals for this target population are received from all sources, including self-referral and family referral.
A Y-T5 ICM team member will follow up to discuss in person the reason and goals of service.
Call Island Health Child, Youth & Family Mental health Services Intake to discuss a potential referral or obtain more information.