Addictions Outpatient Treatment provides services to adults aged 19 and over who are experiencing drug and alcohol problems. In some of our communities, services are also available to adults currently affected by a family member's use.
Dependent on where you live, various free and confidential services will be available:
- Services are staffed by professional counsellors
- Addiction physician and Psychiatrist consults
- Day and evening support groups for men and women
- Daytime co-ed educational groups
- Limited individual counselling
- Gender-specific day treatment groups
- Referral to other specialized programs
- Assessments for the purpose of treatment planning
- Other groups on topics related to substance use, concurrent issues, and recovery
In some of our communities, there are facilities which offer inpatient recovery for those who need extra support on their journey. Referral information is below.
General Information on Outpatient Treatment for Substance Use
941C England Ave
Courtenay BC V9N 2N7
Duncan Alcohol and Drug Counselling Services
3088 Gibbins Road
Call Adult Addiction Services directly for intake and service inquires. 250.737.2007.
203-2000 Island Highway North
(Brooks Landing Mall)
Nanaimo, BC V9S 5W3
Hours: 10 a.m. to 6:15 p.m., Monday to Friday
Southern Gulf Islands
Self-referral for Substance Use Services is initiated by attending in person at Substance Use Intake at 1119 or 1125 Pembroke Street daily between 9:00 am and 8:00 pm and arranging for an appointment to discuss service options.
Referrals from physicians and others may be made through Mental Health and Substance Use Intake.
Referrals from Island Health services can be sent online via Pathways. Clients referred this way will also be required to attend in person.
Referrals to supportive recovery facilities require a referral from an addictions counsellor via Pathways.
Adolescent Outpatient Services
Comox Valley Hospital Wellness Centre, 101 Lerwick Road
250-331-5900 ext: 65321