Addictions Outpatient Treatment provides services to adults aged 19 and over who are experiencing drug and alcohol problems. In some of our communities, services are also available to adults currently affected by a family member's use.
Dependent on where you live, various free and confidential services will be available:
- Services are staffed by professional counsellors
- Addiction physician and Psychiatrist consults
- Day and evening support groups for men and women
- Daytime co-ed educational groups
- Limited individual counselling
- Gender-specific day treatment groups
- Referral to other specialized programs
- Assessments for the purpose of treatment planning
- Other groups on topics related to substance use, concurrent issues, and recovery
In some of our communities, there are facilities which offer inpatient recovery for those who need extra support on their journey. Referral information is below.
General Information on Outpatient Treatment for Substance Use
941C England Ave
Courtenay BC V9N 2N7
Duncan Alcohol and Drug Counselling Services
3088 Gibbins Road
203-2000 Island Highway North
(Brooks Landing Mall)
Nanaimo, BC V9S 5W3
Hours: 10 a.m. to 6:15 p.m., Monday to Friday
Southern Gulf Islands
Self-referral for Mental Health or Substance Use service is initiated by attending 1119 Pembroke Street between Monday and Thursday (stat holidays excluded). The office opens at 8:30 am and walk in appointments are booked from 9:00 am until capacity is reached. This can often be early in the day so please call 250-519-3485 to inquire if walk in spots are still available.
Referrals for MHSU services can also be faxed by your primary care physicians to 250-381-3222.
Adolescent Outpatient Services
Comox Valley Hospital Wellness Centre, 101 Lerwick Road
250-331-5900 ext: 65321