The mental health and substance use teams in your community are here to support you, your friend or family member at whatever stage of the journey.
To access services in your community, please refer to our Intake Information which will help you through the referral process.
Some of the teams listed below you will access through Intake, others you can contact directly. Many of our teams are inter-disciplinary and work together to focus on the individual needs of each client.
Intensive Case Management Teams
The intensive case management team is an inter-disciplinary, outreach team that practices from a harm reduction, strengths based philosophy and partners with individuals who are actively using substances. ICMT respects and acknowledges personal differences and promotes a focus on the assets and abilities of the person and their environment.
Some services and eligibility criteria may vary dependent on community.
They provide support for people
- 19 years of age or older
- Have persistent and severe substance use disorder with our without mental health concerns
- Experiencing moderate to severe impacts in their daily functioning due to a high level of substance use
- May have regular involvement with emergency services including the legal system
- Are open to working on an action based health care plan which may include harm reduction, recovery orientated health services and psychosocial rehabilitation supports
People partnering with ICMT require more intensive services than are available in the traditional mental health and substance use system of care.
ICMT services will include street outreach and providing services in the community, meeting people where they are to be found. Individuals will be engaged by the multi-disciplinary team, integrating with other direct community and health care services to support people and families.
|Location||Contact & Referral|
Intensive Case Management Team
A referral can be made through Pathways or through individuals in the community. To make a community referral, please contact our info line for specific information and a referral form.
101-1742 Cliffe Ave
Referrals to ICMT are made via the CV ICM referral form which can be faxed to 250-331-8549
For more information and to reach our office directly, please call 250-331-8548
Case Management Teams
A client-centered service providing specialized psychiatric treatment and recovery oriented skills training to increase independence and quality of life.
Referral to case management is via Intake.
Adult Substance Use Services Team Nanaimo
Provides information, education, support and treatment for people affected by or at risk of developing alcohol and other drug-related difficulties.
3151 Barons Road
Call the team directly at 250-739-5880 for intake and service inquiries
Or walk in to 3151 Barons Road
Walk in hours are:
Monday 8:30 - 11:00 a.m.
Wednesday 1:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- Screening and orientation
- Individual and group treatment
- Hospital patient assessment and referral (SHARE) services.
- Works closely with all other Mental Health and Substance Use Services, other relevant Island Health services, probation, Child, Youth and Family Health and other community agencies.
General Information on Mental Health & Substance Use Teams in Your Community
Refer to each team.
Internal Island Health referrals can be made through pathways. Community referrals are accepted from various community partners or referrals can be made through CARES clinic. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for referral and consent form.
Refer to each team.