This page provides community links for the following topics that can affect your child's development.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Child and Youth Mental Health
- Tourette Syndrome
- Developmental Coordination Disorder
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Preparing for Your Assessment
Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Ministry of Children and Family Development has general information and links to other resources.
- Autism Community Training B.C. provides information on service providers; workshops; resources, and resource personnel.
- Community Living BC is the agency that provides funding for services for eligible children, youth, and adults.
- The Provincial Outreach Program for Autism and Related Disorders (POPARD) website has information about autism resource services for B.C. schools.
- Autism Society Canada is a national parent support and resource organization.
- The Autism Speaks website includes general, research, and advocacy information, including some video formats.
- South Vancouver Island: parent support and information is available through the Victoria Society for Children with Autism.
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- General information about FASD and B.C. resources is available at the Ministry of Children and Family Development website.
- Information about FASD supports for B.C. schools is available from the Provincial Outreach Program for Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (POPFASD) website.
- Community Living B.C. is an agency which provides services for eligible children, youth and adults.
- Canadian Center on Substance Abuse
- Canada Northwest FASD Research Network
- The Whitecrow Village website has information about summer camps and other services.
- Canadian Attention Deficit Disorder Resource Alliance
- Mayo Clinic has general information.
- Children with Attention Deficit Disorder (CHADD) is a parent-based organization for support and information for children with ADD / HD and their families.
- Learning Disabilities Association of Southern Vancouver Island is a parent driven organization that offers resources and services.
- Learning Disabilities Association of Canada
Child and Youth Mental Health
- Information about mental health services for children and youth in B.C. is available at the Ministry of Children and Family Development website.
- Community Living B.C. is an agency which provides services for eligible children and youth, including mental health services for persons with developmental disabilities.
- Children and Youth with Special Needs provide a range of programs and services for children and youth with special needs and their families.
- Information for Persons with Disabilities programs and services for people with disabilities.
- Tax Credits and Deductions for Persons with Disabilities or their supporting family members and their caregivers.
- Anxiety BC Youth information and self-help resources for young adults.
- eMental Health - search for mental health services, help and support anywhere in Canada.
Tourette Syndrome Foundation of Canada website provides information about Tourette Syndrome and resources.
Developmental Coordination Disorder
The McMaster University website for CanChild, the Centre for Childhood Disability Research, has information about Developmental Coordination Disorder.
Sensory Processing Disorder
General Information on Assessment Resources for Families
Referral Inquiries (including questions about the waitlist):
Phone: 250-519-6745 or 250-519-6906
Toll Free: 1-877-238-0846
Jeneece Place is a temporary home where families can stay while their children are receiving medical care in Victoria.
This short video clip explains the assessment process in child-friendly language!