We provide several levels of housing support for those with mental health and substance use issues. Support may include:
- Licensed Residential Care
- 24 hour professional supervision and support. Services include room, board, recreation, rehabilitative therapy, medication administered
- High Intensity Supported Housing
24 hour support with access to nursing on a daily basis and on call on weekends. Services include room board, supervision and monitoring
- Moderate Intensity Supported Housing
Care and monitoring provided by someone on a regular basis (even daily) but not constantly available
- Light Intensity Supported Housing
Independent living units with support provided through a case manager, or surveillance by landlord, or occasional support worker
- Family Care Homes
Community Support and Independent Living Services
We support clients to live independent and self-sufficient lives in the community and receive support and/or treatment in their own environment that is appropriate to their needs.
Dependent on the community in which you live, this can be done in a number of ways.
- Subsidized housing, rent subsidies and other housing resources
- Supportive counselling and psycho-education to individuals, groups, and families
- Psychiatric consultation and review
- Psycho-social rehabilitation programs
- Connection with community resources and navigation of healthcare and social systems
- Occupational therapy for the skills of daily living
- Vocational support services
- Peer support
Often, care plans are developed in collaboration with the client or with support of their family and friends.
The programs we offer are collaborative, strengths-based and person-directed. We want to improve the quality of life for our clients with community integration, recovery support and independent living skills.
Access to Services
Dependent on the area in which you live, you will be able to access our services through your mental health and substance use clinician or via a referral.
Please see the contact us information below to locate further information for your community, you can contact these numbers at any time.
General Information on Housing, Vocational & Independent Living
Residential Services & Adult Community Support Services
#207–1040 Shoppers Row
Campbell River, B.C.
Rehabilitation Program, Adult Community Support Services & Residential Services
941C England Ave
3088 Gibbins Rd
MHSU Residential Access - collects all applications and referrals to mental health supported housing.
Email MHSUResidentialAccessSI@islandhealth.ca for criteria and referral forms