- Log in to the Research Services Portal.
- Click APPLY NEW.
- Select the correct application. If you are unsure which application to fill out, please review the information under: Determine your REB.
- Please fill in all the tabs. Be sure to press the save button often as the Portal does not auto-save and will time out after two hours.
- Upload attachments. Ensure each has a version date in the footer.
- When the application is ready for submission to the REB, the PI must fill out the Attestation Tab (tab 11) and then may click the submit button.
Please note that the “submit” button acts as a form of electronic signature for the PI. Any team member can draft a new application, but only the PI can submit it to the Research Services Portal. Once the study has been approved, any team member can submit post-approval applications, such as amendments and renewals.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Why can I not submit a new application on behalf of my Principal Investigator (PI)?
The “submit” button acts as a form of electronic signature for the PI. Any team member can draft a new application, but only the PI can submit it to the Research Services Portal. Once the study has been approved, any team member can submit post-approval applications, such as amendments and renewals.
- Does the Research Services Portal auto-save my work?
No, the Portal does not auto-save and will time out after two hours. Please press the save button often, as there is no way for our team to recover lost work.
- I need to add someone to my study team, but they are not listed in the Investigator Registry. What do I do?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and contact information of the person you wish to have added and we will create a profile for them in the Portal. If a team member does not need to access the Portal or wish to receive any email notifications regarding the application, please just list their name and affiliation in the application form on question 3.1.
- Why can’t I edit my file after I press ‘submit’? If I need to make changes, what do I do?
You will not be able to make any changes to your application while it is under review. If you pressed submit in error or need to make a change, please call 250-519-6726 or email email@example.com, and we will be happy to assist you.
- How do I know when my application has been reviewed?
When your project has been reviewed, you will receive provisos in an emailed Notice of Review. You can then log in to the Portal, and will find the application under Applications: Requiring Attention. Please submit all revisions to the application and attach updated documents through the Portal. Please note: any updated document must have a new version date in the footer.