If you are experiencing a mental health or substance use crisis, please contact one of the crisis lines below:
- Emotional support or assistance 24-hours a day, every day of the year.
- Crisis Chat
- Crisis Text: 250-800-3806
- A safe space to talk or text, 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
- Resource for Indigenous people on Vancouver Island and across the province. Support is available 24-hours a day, every day of the year.
- Adult Crisis Line: 250-723-4050
- Youth Crisis Line: 250-723-2040
Information and Support
- Call Island Health’s Service Link at 1-888-885-8824
- Explore Island Health’s Mental Health and Substance Use Services
- Find health information on the HealthLink BC website or dial 8-1-1
- Find services through BC Mental Health and Substance Use
- Explore topics at HelpStartsHere.gov.bc.ca
- Find a Registered Clinical Counsellor: BC Association of Clinical Counsellors
- Find local programs: Canadian Mental Health Association BC Division
Use of Unregulated Substances
- Decriminalization in BC: Health Canada and Province of BC
- Island Health Harm Reduction Services for People Who Use Substances
- Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction