The 2019/20 program began in September 2019. We are no longer accepting applicants for the 2019/20 program.
The Step Up Youth Program offers high school students aged 14-18 an opportunity to “Step Up, and….”
- C.A.R.E. (practice Island Health’s C.A.R.E. values - Courage, Aspire, Respect, Empathy)
- Learn about healthcare, mentoring for clinical and non-clinical careers
- Lead by leading programs and activities, creating new programs
For the 2020/21 school season:
• Applications can be submitted for next year until June 30, 2020
• Interviews will take place in July 2020, at select sites that have the Step Up Youth Program
• There will be an in-service training day on August 20 2020 at RJH, VGH, and NRGH.
• There are other opportunities for youth outside of the Step Up Youth program at other sites. Please see opportunities: https://www.islandhealth.ca/volunteer-resources/volunteer-opportunities
The Step Up Youth Program is offered at the following sites:
- Nanaimo Regional General Hospital
- Cowichan District Hospital
- West Coast General Hospital
- Trillium Lodge Long Term Care Home