The Step Up Youth Program offers high school students aged 14-18 an opportunity to “Step Up, and….”
- C.A.R.E. (practice Island Health’s C.A.R.E. values - Courage, Aspire, Respect, Empathy)
- Learn about healthcare, mentoring for clinical and non-clinical careers
- Lead by leading programs and activities, creating new programs
Please see this promotional video created by Royal Jubilee Step Up Youth 2019/2020. The video provides a great overview of the Step Up Youth program. Please be aware it does contain some information specific to Royal Jubilee Hospital. Programs at different sites may vary.
For the 2020/21 school season:
- Step Up Youth applications are now closed for Nanaimo and Victoria applicants.
- Step Up Youth applications will be accepted for Campbell River, Port Alberni and Cowichan applicants until Friday, September 18, 2020.
- Applicant interviews will be scheduled throughout August and September.
The Step Up Youth Program is offered at the following sites: