About Royal Jubilee Hospital
Royal Jubilee Hospital (RJH) is an acute care facility that provides emergency/trauma services, general surgery, medical treatment, rehabilitation, and geriatric services to people in the South Region of Vancouver Island.
Learn more about the Royal Jubilee Hospital on our facility page.
How to Apply
Applications for programs are accepted year-round.
To apply to volunteer with us follow these steps:
- Read how to become a volunteer
- Check out our list of opportunities for the Adult Volunteer Program or Step Up Youth Program
- Complete an application package:
- Submit your application package to the Volunteer Resources Department - including two separate references for adults (adult reference form) or 1 reference form for youth (youth reference form)
Where to submit completed applications
Applications can be submitted by email, mail or in person.
Adult Applicants and Referees for Adult Applicants can email: Volunteerhere@viha.ca
Youth Applicants and Referees for Youth Applicants can email: RJHVolunteerIntake@viha.ca
Royal Jubilee Hospital
Attention: Volunteer Resources & Engagement department
1952 Bay St
Victoria, B.C.V8R 1J8
Royal Block Room 453A
In-person: hand deliver to the office located in Royal Block, Level 4, Room 453A at the address above
We will conduct interviews for 2019 on the following dates:
- January 10, 11 & 25
- March 6 & 8
- May 2 & 3
- July 9-11 & 25 - Step UP Youth Program ONLY
- Sep 5 & 6
- Nov 7 & 8
Candidates will be contacted in early October for November interview spots. 2020 Interview Dates will be made available in late November 2019.
Completed application packets are due at least three weeks prior to your interview date.
Step Up Youth Program Details:
- There are 83 spots to fill each year.
- Applications for the Step Up Youth Program are accepted year-round.
- At RJH, almost all youth volunteers aged 14-18 are enrolled in the RJH Step Up Youth Program.
- The September 2019 youth program has started as of September 3, 2019.
- We are now accepting applications until June 30, 2020.
- The Step Up Youth Program runs from September to April and follows the school calendar (the program ends on the second Sunday of April each year).
- Any Youth Applications received after June 30th, 2020 will be held for the school year starting in September 2021.
- Volunteers dedicate their time to one volunteer shift per week from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on weekdays, or from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on weekends
- Shifts are in teams, with an adult volunteer, called a Youth Advisor as the youths’ peer leader.
For the 2020 School Season:
- Interviews will take place at Royal Jubilee Hospital (RJH) on July 8, 9, 10, and 24, 2020.
- There will be an in-service training day on August 20 2020 at RJH.
- There are other opportunities for youth outside of the Step Up Youth program at other sites on the South Island. Please see opportunities at other sites too.
Still have questions?
Enquiries about the Step Up Youth Program, please contact RJHVolunteerIntake@viha.ca.
If you have unanswered questions, please contact Volunteerhere@viha.ca .