About Royal Jubilee Hospital
Royal Jubilee Hospital (RJH) is an acute care facility that provides emergency/trauma services, general surgery, medical treatment, rehabilitation, and geriatric services to people in the South Region of Vancouver Island.
Learn more about the Royal Jubilee Hospital on our facility page.
How to Apply
Applications for programs are accepted year-round.
To apply to volunteer with us follow these steps:
- Read how to become a volunteer
- Check out our list of opportunities for the Adult Volunteer Program or Step Up Youth Program
- Complete the following forms:
- Island Health Volunteer Application Packet RJH Royal Jubilee Hospital,OR Step Up Youth Application Packet
- and two (2) of the Volunteer Reference Forms. (only 1 for youth, since the teacher form is filled out)
- Submit all of these documents by one of the following options:
Send completed applications to
|Print and mail to||Royal Jubilee Hospital
1952 Bay St
Volunteer Resources Department
Royal Block Room 453A
|Hand Deliver||As above (Ensure you deliver to the office)|
The 2019 intake schedule is as follows:
As of August 1, 2019, the September 2019 interview spots are 80% filled!
- January 10, 11 & 25
- March 6 & 8
- May 2 & 3
- July 9-11 & 25 - Step UP Youth Program ONLY
- Sep 5 & 6
- Nov 7 & 8
Note: Dates above indicate interview dates; application packets are due at least two weeks prior to the interview dates
Step Up Youth Program Details:
- Applications for the Step Up Youth Program are now accepted year-round.
- The next program will start in September 2019 and we are now accepting applications until June 30, 2019.
- Any Youth Applications received after June 30th will be held for the school year starting in September 2020.
- Interviews will take place at Royal Jubilee Hospital (RJH) on July 9, 10, 11, and 25, 2019.
- The Step Up Youth Program runs from September to April and follows the school calendar. (Program ends on the second Sunday of April each year)
- There will be an in-service training day on August 22, 2019 at RJH.
- At RJH almost all youth volunteers aged 14-18 are enrolled in the RJH Step Up Youth Program. There are other opportunities for youth outside of the Step Up Youth program at other sites on the South Island. Please see opportunities at other sites too.
- Volunteers dedicate their time to one volunteer shift per week from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on weekdays, or from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on weekends
- Shifts are done in teams, with an adult volunteer, called a Youth Advisor as a leader
General Information on the Step Up Youth Program can be found here.
Still have questions?
If you have unanswered questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org