About Royal Jubilee Hospital
Royal Jubilee Hospital (RJH) is an acute care facility that provides emergency/trauma services, general surgery, medical treatment, rehabilitation, and geriatric services to people in the South Region of Vancouver Island.
Learn more about the Royal Jubilee Hospital on our facility page.
How to Apply
Applications for adult programs are accepted year-round.
To apply to volunteer with us follow these steps:
- Read how to become a volunteer
- Check out our list of opportunities for the Adult Programs and the Step Up Youth Program
- Complete the following forms:
- Adult Volunteer Application Royal Jubilee Hospital, OR Step Up Youth Application Package
- and two (2) of the Volunteer Reference forms. For youth volunteers, please complete one youth reference form.
- Submit all these documents by one of the following options:
Youth volunteers email RJHVolunteerIntake@viha.ca
Adult volunteers email VolunteerHere@viha.ca
Interview Schedule - Adult Programs
April 2 & April 8, 2020
Additional 2020 dates to be posted shortly.
Step Up Youth Program Details:
- Applications for the Step Up Youth Program are accepted year-round until May 31, 2020 for a September 2020 start.
- The next program will start in September 2020.
- We are accepting applications until June 7, 2020.
- Applications received after May 31, 2020 will be held for the school year starting September 2021.
- Interviews are 20 minutes long and will take place at the Royal Jubilee Hospital on the following dates:
- June 19, 2020
- June 23, 2020
- June 24, 2020
- June 25, 2020
- July 22, 2020 (overflow day and final day for interviews for the 2020/21 Step Up Youth Program season
- The Step Up Youth Program runs from September to April and follows the school calendar. The program ends on the second Sunday of April)
- There will be an in-service training day August 20, 2020 at Royal Jubilee Hospital. This is called the Step Up Youth Day of Training with interactive experiences and learnings from many departments and professions in healthcare.
- At Royal Jubilee Hospital almost all youth volunteers ages 14 - 18 are enrolled in the RJH Step Up Youth Program. There are other opportunities for youth outside of the Step Up Youth program at other sites on the South Island. Please see opportunities at other sites if interested.
- Volunteers dedicate their time to one volunteer shift per week from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on weekdays, or from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on weekends.
- Shifts are done in teams, with an adult Youth Advisor as their leader.