About Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (NRGH) and Dufferin Place
The Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (NRGH) and Dufferin Place are health care facilities operated by Island Health. NRGH is the largest Acute Care Hospital in the area and is a regional referral centre for much of the Central Island Health Region. Dufferin Place is a 150-bed Long Term Care Facility.
How to Apply
To learn more about volunteering in Nanaimo with us follow these steps:
- Read how to become a volunteer
- Complete the following forms:
- Submit all of these documents by one of the following options:
|Print and mail to:||
Nanaimo Regional General Hospital
B021-1200 Dufferin Crescent
- Emergency Department volunteer (Tues-Friday and Sunday shifts available)
- Information Desk volunteer
Step Up Youth Program Information (full for 2019/2020 school year)
The Step Up Youth Program gives high school students from ages 14-18 an opportunity to
- practice the Island Health C.A.R.E. values (Courage, Aspire, Respect, and Empathy);
- learn about careers in healthcare; and
- lead by mentoring other volunteers and leading projects.
The next program will start in September 2020 and in the spring we will be accepting applications until June 30, 2020.
The Step Up Youth Program runs from September to April and follows the school calendar. Volunteers dedicate their time to one volunteer shift per week from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
No Baby Unhugged Program Information
At this time we are not accepting new candidates for the No Baby Unhugged Program. Please note that volunteers for this program are generally selected from our pool of “internal candidates”, that is, volunteers who have already been volunteering at Island Health and demonstrated exceptional volunteerism.
Still have questions?
If you have unanswered questions please contact NRGHVolunteerIntake@viha.ca