Substance use treatment beds for adults
Island Health operates or funds a range of services for substance use detox, treatment and supportive recovery. As part of this continuum of services, new subsidized adult treatment beds are available at the following sites:
- Coastal Sage Healing House (Victoria): 6 beds
- Edgewood Treatment Centre (Nanaimo): 10 beds
- Cedars (Cobble Hill): 15 beds
- Homewood Ravensview (North Saanich): 5 beds
Access to treatment beds
A referral from a health care professional is required to access publicly funded treatment beds. This includes medical staff, contractor, independent community practitioner or community support team member. Health care professionals must complete a standardized referral package with the client and then email completed packages to email@example.com. Island Health’s Regional Triage Committee reviews the referral applications for eligibility and priority. Program staff confirm acceptance or declination with the referring health care professional.
- Meet the criteria for a Substance Use Disorder in the moderate to severe range
- Want to engage in abstinence-based residential treatment
- Have been unsuccessful in maintaining abstinence with lower or other levels of care
- Are not experiencing psychotic symptoms, except in the context of intoxication or withdrawal
- Reside within the geographic area serviced by Island Health
General Information on Substance use treatment beds for adults
Health care professionals must complete a standardized referral package.
Visit Referrals to Mental Health & Substance Use Services for local contacts in your area.