The Queen Alexandra for Orthotics, Prosthetics and Seating helps people of all ages overcome physical disabilities and mobility challenges. We offer the widest range of accredited orthotic, prosthetic and seating assessments, in-house manufacturing facilities, and fitting services on Vancouver Island.
Using braces called orthoses, our orthotists care for patients affected by a wide range of disabling neuromuscular-skeletal conditions such as cerebral palsy, scoliosis, club foot, diabetic neuropathy, CVA(stroke) and sports injuries.
Our prosthetists work with patients who have or need an artificial limb. We adjust the fit and alignment of the prosthesis while the patient is undergoing gait training; and then continue to follow the patient after discharge to provide ongoing maintenance and replacement when required.
Working closely with the patient, their family, and care team our clinicians address seating, positioning, and wheelchair needs of patients with a variety of conditions. We see patients with muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, brain injury, neuropathy, and aging clients with increasing mobility needs, to name a few.
As foot orthotic and footwear experts; our Pedorthists assist individuals in alleviating pain and improving lower limb function through the use of custom orthotics and shoe modifications. We typically see patients with diabetes, sports injuries, leg and foot pain, arthritis, plantar fasciitis, toe deformities and foot ulcers.
Funding your device
All services that we provide at Queen Alexandra Orthotics, Prosthetics and Seating are funded through fee-for-service billings. Clients are responsible for all charges.
How We Can Help With Funding:
We are happy to provide any documentation and estimates required by government programs, private insurance companies, and service clubs who may be providing financial support.
We will help clients and families with any third-party funding requests through the following agencies:
- Health Insurance of BC
- Ministry of Social Developement
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Inter-Tribal Health Authority
- First Canadian Health (Non-Insured Health Benefits)
- Muscular Dystrophy Association of Canada
- Insurance Corporation of British Columbia
- Health Services for Community Living At Home Program
- Workers' Compensation Board
- Blue Cross
Warranty and Servicing of Products
- a six-month warranty is provided for required adjustments or replacements for all our products. (180 days from date of dispensing)
- our qualified staff conducts warranty work on all our seating systems.
- maintenance and repairs to wheelchairs is on a fee-for-service basis.
- fees are charged for repairs to orthotic, pedorthic, and prosthetic devices beyond the 6 months warranty.
Brochures and Guidelines
General Information on Orthotics, Prosthetics & Seating
A written referral or prescription from your physician is required for a device and/or assessment at the Queen Alexandra Orthotics, Prosthetics and Seating.
You can send a referral or prescription to us by:
- Fax: 250-519-6915
- scan and email to email@example.com
- personally deliver it to our reception staff
When you visit us for the first time, please make sure you bring:
- your date of birth
- your personal health number
- the name of the person or agency responsible for payment
- a copy of your physician's prescription
At the end of your first appointment, you can make future appointments at our reception before you leave.