Queen Alexandra Orthotics, Prosthetics and Seating Clinics
Our patients can access specialized clinics that are our doctors oversee. Clinics include orthotic, spasticity, amputee and high risk limb assessment, as well as paediatric spinal deformity and neuromuscular.
Paediatric Spinal Clinic
A Spinal Clinic is held once a month at Queen Alexandra. Specialists (orthopaedic surgeons, physiotherapists, clinic nurses, and/or orthotists) are in attendance at each clinic. Patients from all over Vancouver Island are welcome.
- under 18 years old and skeletally immature
- must have radiological evidence of a curve greater than 20 degrees
- must be referred by a doctor
Paediatric Neuromuscular Clinic
A Neuromuscular Clinic is held usually once a month at Queen Alexandra. Either one or two orthopaedic surgeons, one or two orthotists, the clinic physiotherapist, and the client's physiotherapist are in attendance at each clinic.
General Information on Orthotics, Prosthetics & Seating Clinics
A written referral or prescription from your physician is required for a device and/or assessment at the Queen Alexandra Orthotics, Prosthetics and Seating.
Or, you can make an appointment with one of the multidisciplinary clinics we participate in. They will assess and refer you to us.
You can send a referral or prescription to us by:
- faxing it to 250-519-6915
- scanning and emailing to email@example.com
- personally delivering it to our reception staff
To schedule your appointment, call 250-519-6732.
When you visit us for the first time, please make sure you bring:
- your date of birth
- your personal health number
- the name of the person or agency responsible for payment
- a copy of your physician's prescription
At the end of your first appointment, you can make future appointments at our reception before you leave.
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Weekends and statutory holidays: closed