Clearview Detox welcomes people with mental and physical health challenges regardless of race, religion, culture, or sexual orientation. We strive to provide exceptional care and treat all individuals with dignity, compassion and respect.
The 12 bed medically supported facility serves the following regions; Cowichan Valley, Nanaimo, Parksville, Courtenay/Comox, Port Alberni, Campbell River and Tofino/Ucluelet.
Referrals can be made by:
- substance use counselor
- family physician
- walk-in clinic physician
- crisis nurse
- Aboriginal counselor
- mental health nurse
Once Clearview Detox receives a referral, you will be placed on the wait list and contacted once a bed becomes available.
Admissions are booked by medical priority. Individuals are advised to call daily to check on their admission date. Those from out of town can check in with their referral agenda for admission details. Individuals referred to Clearview Detox must be able to move about independently and manage their own basic self-care.
Island Health Mental Health and Substance Use Services that provide referrals to Clearview:
- Cowichan Valley Substance Use Services: 250-737-2007
- Nanaimo Brooks Landing Access Services: 250-739-5710
- Oceanside Health Centre: 250-951-9550
- Courtenay/Comox: 250-339-1573
- Port Alberni: 250-731-1311
- Campbell River Hospital Crisis Nurse: 250-850-2620
- Tofino/Uclulet Substance Use Team: 250-726-1282
- 24-hour a day acute, inpatient withdrawal management form a medical team with an average length of stay being 7 to 8 days
- daily programming that may include AA/NA meetings, psychosocial groups, meetings and acupuncture
- support for persons in early stages of recovery to address physical, social and spiritual needs
- referrals to community resources.
For immediate help or support
If you are in a situation that involves immediate risk of harm to self or others, please call 9-1-1.
For emotional support or assistance contact Vancouver Island 24 Hour Crisis Line: 1-888-494-3888.
967 Haliburton St