Access to subsidized residential care is coordinated by Island Health staff.
Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized residential care. For more information on subsidized residential care, contact an Island Health Community Health Services office near you.
For information on private residential care, please refer to the Seniors Housing Directory of BC.
530 Simcoe St
Broadmead Care Society
Accreditation is an external peer review process to assess and improve the services health care organizations provide to their patients and clients, based on standards of excellence set by Accreditation Canada.
Publicly Subsidized Units: 64
Private-Pay Units: 0
Beckley Farm Lodge is a two storey building nestled between Simcoe and Toronto Streets in the heart of James Bay. The building was built in 1981 and has undergone extensive renovations to better meet the needs of our residents. There are three secured garden areas and one balcony for residents to enjoy the outdoors.
- The building has six dining rooms, one in each resident unit.
- The first floor is a secured environment for residents with dementia and gives access to a safe and secure outdoor garden area.
- There are lounge areas for residents and families to socialize and to enjoy recreational activities. A hair salon is available.
- The facility offers a bathing and Adult Day Program to seniors in the community.
- Televisions are in each dining area as well as a large screen TV and entertainment system in the grand room.
- The building is a short walk to shopping (groceries, drug store, banks, restaurants) and amenities in the James Bay Square and surrounding areas.
- For families visiting from out of town, a number of bed and breakfast accommodations are within walking distance.
- Bus routes to downtown areas and connecting communities are close by and easily accessible.
- Beacon Hill Park, the Inner Harbour, and the Dallas Road waterfront are only blocks away.
Philosophy of Care
Beckley Farm Lodge supports quality of life for residents, clients, affiliates and community participants by providing residential health care and supportive services in the community. Beckley Farm Lodge is committed to achieving and maintaining high standards of care for all residents in a safe, welcoming and supportive environment. Outreach services tailored to the needs of non-resident individuals are also available.
Beckley Farm Lodge welcomes the interest and involvement of community partners and cooperating organizations whose commitment to the provision of respectful and compassionate care matches ours.
Type of Accommodation
All residents enjoy the privacy of their own rooms with partial ensuites. Supervised bathing is provided in specialized tubs.
Residents pay up to 80% of their after tax income which covers the cost of food and accommodation.
Special Recreational Opportunities
A number of daily activities are available for residents and clients to meet their individual needs. The activities address physical, mental, social and spiritual elements of our resident’s lives. Music is an important aspect of our recreational program, as well as daily exercises and mental aerobics.
Motorized Scooter Policy
No motorized scooters or wheelchairs allowed.
- Pets are not permitted to live in the facility.
- Visiting pets are welcomed.
- All pets must be leashed at all times, have current vaccinations and be well mannered.
- Pets are not allowed in any area were food is prepared or served.
In compliance with CRD regulations, smoking is only permitted off the property. A bench in front of the facility has been provided for the residents’ use.
- Secured entrance
- 24-hour staffing
- Camera monitoring of entrances
Find information on long-term care visitor guidelines.
Please contact staff to learn more about visiting this location.
During influenza season (typically December-March), to help protect patients from the flu, all visitors will be expected to wear a mask in our facilities if they have not had a flu shot. For more information, please read our Influenza Protection Policy.