Medical daycare is an outpatient clinic that provides medical interventions, as well as minor procedures for patients who required non-emergent infusions, transfusions and medical procedures.
Some of the services provided at this clinic include:
- Blood transfusions
- Intravenous immunoglobulin infusions
- Intravenous iron infusions
- IV medications
- Thoracentesis and Paracentesis drainage post catheter insertion
How to Get Referral
Physician with hospital privileges referral required. Patient with non-emergent medical needs who would benefit from an outpatient service. The referring physicians office will contact the patient and notify them of their appointment date and time.
Referral Forms (Physician Only)
Send in your Referral Form by Fax to your Medical Daycare Clinic
Greater Victoria Locations
- Royal Jubilee Hospital Medical Daycare Booking Office
- Saanich Peninsula Hospital Medical Daycare
- Victoria General Hospital CFAU (Adult/Antenatal Assessment)
Cowichan Valley Locations
- Cowichan District Hospital Medical Daycare
- Cowichan District Hospital Maternity
Salt Spring Island Locations
- Lady Minto Hospital
- Nanaimo Regional General Hospital Medical Daycare
Oceanside (Parksville) - Port Alberni Locations
- Oceanside Health Centre
- West Coast General Hospital ER/Medical Daycare
- West Coast General Hospital Maternity
Comox Valley - Campbell River Locations
- Campbell River Hospital Medical Daycare
- Port Hardy Hospital
- Port McNeill Hospital
Please note that some locations have different fax numbers for booking maternity patients.
If you require extra assistance to ambulate and/or for toileting, please ensure that a caregiver accompanies you for your visit.
All appointments changes and/or cancellations arranged through the referring physicians office.
If you are driving, please allow for extra time as parking space is limited.