The New Graduate Transition Program (NGTP) is for new graduates from a post-secondary program in nursing (Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse).
Learn about the New Grad Transition Stages.
Learn about the Island Health 2021 New Grad RN/RPN Hiring Process.
About the Program
Island Health has been offering the New Graduate Transition Program since 2005.
- provides new graduates with opportunities to enhance their clinical preparation and to consolidate theory with clinical skills
- is open to new graduates from any post-secondary health-care program
The NGTP offers the following transition support to create a positive working environment:
- new graduate webinar
- learning Hub resources
- clinical leadership support
Employment opportunities may include:
- casual employment
- temporary employment (full-time / part-time)
- permanent employment (full-time / part-time)
New Grad Responsibilities
New grads participating in the program are required to:
- develop and follow a Learning Plan
- access learning resources and complete New Graduate Transition Module found through the Learning Hub, Learning Management System.
- link in with an identified mentor
- apply for relevant jobs that become available
- consolidate practice