We offer health care services to more than 850,000 residents of Vancouver Island and adjacent coastal communities through hospitals, clinics, health centres, community based health units, long term care and assisted living facilities. As the largest employer on Vancouver Island, we employ 27,000 employees, 2,400 physician partners as well as hosting more than 2,500 volunteers.
Living our Values
At Island Health, we believe that our values guide our actions and relationships, shaping how we make decisions and plan for the future. Learn more about our Vision, Purpose & Values.
Award Winning Organization
Learn more about our award winning Indigenous Employment Program.
Island Health continues to be selected for top employer awards such as:
- BC Top Employer (2017)
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employers (2012-2015, 2017)
- Excellence in Diversity & Inclusion in Healthcare (2016)
- Canada's Greenest Employers (2015)
- Energy Efficiency in the Public Sector - FortisBC Efficiency in Action Award (2015)
- Most Effective Recruitment Strategy - Canadian HR Awards (2015)
- Leading Practices - Accreditation Canada (2015)
- Exemplary Initiative Diversity Award - SFU Nancy McKinstry Award (2013)
- Canada's Top 100 Employers (2010-2013)
Benefits of Working Here
- Some positions maybe be eligible for exceptional employer-paid benefits package including dental and prescription coverage, group life, long term disability and extensive extended health plan
- Vacation, leave and pension benefits
- In B.C., casual employees can purchase benefits and have the cost of their premiums reimbursed if they work the equivalent of half-time over the course of the year (see union collective agreements for details)
- Choose the right location for your lifestyle at these island-wide career opportunities
- Competitive wages
- Educational scholarships
Learn how to apply.
Human Resources Help
The HR Access Helpline Contact:
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Federal & BC Government Loan Forgiveness Programs
Learn if you might be eligible for student loan forgiveness.