Island Health is one of five regional health authorities in British Columbia and is the largest employer on Vancouver Island with over 21,500 employees, 1,900 physician partners and 6,500 volunteers that provide health services to the 765,000 residents of Vancouver Island and adjacent coastal communities.
Your Life's Work in our Piece of Paradise
Come be part of our future! People make the organization. Health care attracts smart, caring individuals who want to make a difference and help people. No matter what area of health care you are in, our multi-disciplinary teams work together to provide the best care to our patients and residents.
Living our Values
At Island Health, we believe that our values guide our actions and relationships, shaping how we make decisions and plan for the future. Learn more about our Vision, Purpose & Values.
Award Winning Organization
Learn more about our award winning Aboriginal Employment Program.
Island Health continues to be selected for top employer awards such as:
- BC Top Employer (2017)
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employers (2012-2015, 2017)
- Excellence in Diversity & Inclusion in Healthcare (2016)
- Canada's Greenest Employers (2015)
- Energy Efficiency in the Public Sector - FortisBC Efficiency in Action Award (2015)
- Most Effective Recruitment Strategy - Canadian HR Awards (2015)
- Leading Practices - Accreditation Canada (2015)
- Exemplary Initiative Diversity Award - SFU Nancy McKinstry Award (2013)
- Canada's Top 100 Employers (2010-2013)
Benefits of Working Here
- Exceptional employer-paid benefits package including dental and prescription coverage, group life, long term disability and extensive extended health plan
- Vacation, leave and pension benefits
- In B.C., casual employees can purchase benefits and have the cost of their premiums reimbursed if they work the equivalent of half-time over the course of the year (see union collective agreements for details)
- Choose the right location for your lifestyle at these island-wide career opportunities
- Competitive wages
- Educational scholarships
Learn how to apply.
Human Resources Help
HR Access Helpline Contact:
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
250-519-7717 (local 28411)
Federal & BC Government Loan Forgiveness Programs
Learn if you might be eligible for student loan forgiveness.