Island Health’s research grant program aims to encourage new researchers, support current research, and raise awareness about research and knowledge translation across Island Health.
The principal applicant must be an Island Health employee or affiliated health professional, but collaboration is encouraged and research team members may come from other organizations.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted online through the Research Services Portal.
View a list of awarded grants.
Evidence-into-Practice Awards 2020
Island Health’s annual Evidence-into-Practice Awards celebrate and promote successful knowledge translation (“evidence into practice”) initiatives at Island Health, and seek to inspire new ones by showcasing their successes and lessons learned.
- Application Deadline: October 5, 2020 (4 p.m. PDT)
- Number and Value: 1 gold award ($750), 1 silver award ($500), and 1 bronze award ($250)
- Award Term: 5 months (November 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021)
Eligible Applicants and Projects
- The Principal Applicant must be an Island Health employee or a physician with privileges at Island Health, although project teams may be collaborative and include members from other organizations.
- Applications are welcome from any area of health service delivery.
- Knowledge translation is an ongoing process; applications will be accepted from completed and ongoing projects. However, ongoing projects must be at a stage where they can demonstrate some measurable impact as a result of their initiative.
- Evidence can include data, information, results, or recommendations used to make a change in a process or practices related to care and service delivery. It can be evidence that the applicants created or collected through local research or QI initiatives, or it can come from another source (e.g. published research or guidelines).
- Successful applicants must be available to present their projects at a virtual awards ceremony on November 27, 2020.
For full competition details, please review the application package, which includes guidelines, conditions of award, and instructions on how to complete the application form.
How to Apply
- All applications must be submitted online through the Research Services Portal for detailed instructions, please refer to the application package.
- Use our application form template to draft your answers before submitting them online.
- Getting Grant-Writing Right: video (Vimeo)
- Building an Accurate Study Budget: video (Vimeo) or slides
- Developing a research question; proposal; and budget (from the Provincial Health Services Authority)
Looking for Scholarships?
Scholarships* are available for any full, part-time, or casual employee of Island Health enrolled in a degree program.
- Applications are due June 1 each year.
- Details are available on the Island Health intranet (password required), or email email@example.com
*Scholarships are not administered through the Research department.