Internal Grant Program
Island Health’s research grant program aims to encourage new researchers, support current research, and raise awareness about research and knowledge translation across Island Health.
The principal applicant must be an Island Health employee or affiliated health professional, but collaboration is encouraged and research team members may come from other organizations.
How to Apply
Guidelines and conditions for each competition will be posted here on the launch date. All applications must be submitted online through the Research Services Portal.
Evidence-into-Practice Awards 2019
Application Deadline: 4:00 p.m. PST on October 8, 2019
Have you applied evidence to improve quality or care at Island Health? Tell us how and win an award! Supported by the Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research (MSFHR) research capacity-building grant, Island Health’s annual Evidence-into-Practice Awards celebrate successful initiatives, and aim to inspire new ones by sharing results.
Three awards are available:
• 1 gold award of $750
• 1 silver award of $500
• 1 bronze award of $250
How to apply:
- All applications must be submitted through the Research Services Portal.
- Download the application package for competition details and instructions (PDF)
- Download the application worksheet (Word)
To receive announcements about upcoming competitions, subscribe to our listserv or to our quarterly newsletter.
View a list of awarded grants.
- Getting Grant-Writing Right: video (Vimeo)
- Building an Accurate Study Budget: video (Vimeo) or slides
- Developing a research question; proposal; and budget (from the Provincial Health Services Authority)
Looking for Scholarships?
Scholarships* are available for any full, part-time, or casual employee of Island Health enrolled in a degree program.
- Applications are due June 1 each year.
- Details are available on the Island Health intranet (password required), or email email@example.com
*Scholarships are not administered through the Research department.