Requirements for External Grants
- Notice of Intent to Apply
All Island Health employees or affiliates who plan to submit an external grant application must complete a Notice of Intent to Apply. Once we receive your notification, we can connect you with the right people and departments, help you develop your budget, and request letters of support on your behalf.
Notifications must be submitted as soon as possible and are requested at least:
2 months in advance of the first deadline in the application process that requires approvals or letters from Island Health (whether pre-application, letter of intent, draft, or full application) for grants over $100,000 1 month in advance of the first deadline in the application process that requires approvals or letters from Island Health (whether pre-application, letter of intent, draft, or full application) for grants under $100,000
- Requesting Letters of Support
We can assist external researchers in requesting letters from Island Health to support grant applications aligned with our strategic priorities.
Requests must be made at least three weeks in advance of the application deadline. All notifications and requests must be submitted online through this form.
Current Funding Opportunities
- CIHR: Project Grant - Fall 2021 - September 15, 2021 deadline (prior registration required)
- New Frontiers in Research Fund: Innovative Approaches to Research in the Pandemic Context - September 21, 2021 NOI deadline
- Kidney Foundation: Kidney Health Research Grant 2022 - September 22, 2021 LOI deadline
- Canadian Cancer Research Alliance - Patient Involvement in Cancer Research Program (PIP) Small Research Grant - September 22, 2021
- Health Canada: Substance Use and Addictions Program - September 24, 2021 deadline
- CIHR: Team Grant - Sleep Research Consortium - October 5, 2021 registration deadline
- CIHR: Catalyst Grant - Official Language Minority Communities in Health Research - October 5, 2021 deadline
- CIHR: Chair - The Wilfred and Joyce Posluns Chair in Women’s Brain Health and Aging - October 5, 2021 deadline
- CIHR: Fellowship 2021-2022 - October 6, 2021 deadline
- CIHR: Operating Grant - Addressing the Wider Health Impacts of COVID-19 - October 18, 2021 registration deadline **new!
- CIHR: Team Grant - Healthy Cities Implementation Science - October 13, 2021 LOI deadline
- The Health Research Foundation of Innovative Medicines Canada: Fellowship in Health Systems Resilience - October 4, 2021 deadline
- CIHR: Catalyst Grant - Quadruple Aim and Equity - October 26, 2021 deadline
- Alzheimer Society Research Program: New Investigator Operating Grants and Proof of Concept Grants - November 5, 2021 deadline
- SSHRC: Race, Gender and Diversity Initiative - November 15, 2021 deadline
- CIHR: Project Grant - Spring 2022 - February 9, 2022 registration deadline
For a targeted grant search
|Phone||250-519-7700 x 13197|
To develop a research idea into a grant application