Requirements for External Grants
- Notice of Intent to Apply
All Island Health employees or affiliates who plan to submit an external grant application must complete a Notice of Intent to Apply. Once we receive your notification, we can connect you with the right people and departments, help you develop your budget, and request letters of support on your behalf.
Notifications must be submitted as soon as possible and are requested at least:
2 months in advance of the first deadline in the application process that requires approvals or letters from Island Health (whether pre-application, letter of intent, draft, or full application) for grants over $100,000 1 month in advance of the first deadline in the application process that requires approvals or letters from Island Health (whether pre-application, letter of intent, draft, or full application) for grants under $100,000.
- Requesting Letters of Support
We can assist external researchers in requesting letters from Island Health to support grant applications aligned with our strategic priorities.
Requests must be made at least three weeks in advance of the application deadline. All notifications and requests must be submitted online through this form.
Current Funding Opportunities
- Michael Smith Health Research BC
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Team Grant: Mental Health in the Early Years Implementation Science – Mar. launch
- Team Grant - Indigenous Healthy Life Trajectories Initiative Cohort Research Study - Jun. 8, 2022 application deadline
- Team Grant: Healthy Cities Implementation Science Team Grants - Oct. 13, 2021 LOI deadline; Jun. 30, 2022 registration deadline; Jul. 6, 2022 application deadline
- Other CIHR funding opportunities
- Other Funders
- New Frontiers in Research Fund: Special Call - Research for Post-Pandemic Recovery - Apr. 26, 2022 NOI deadline; Aug. 9, 2022 application deadline
- Rural Coordination Centre of BC: Rural Physician Research Grant - Apr. 30, 2022 application deadline
For a targeted grant search
|Phone||250-519-7700 x 13197|
To develop a research idea into a grant application