We offer three types of appointments:
- drop-in appointments
- individual appointments
- classes and group sessions
Our Dietitian and Nurse are trained as Diabetes Educators to help answer your questions and address your concerns, including
- Blood sugar testing (including provisions of meters if needed) and blood sugar strip certification
- Nutrition information for blood sugar and heart health
- Lifestyle practices that improve blood sugars and heart health
- Carbohydrate counting
- Review of diabetes medications including insulin
- Insulin and Victoza starts
- Help with self-management of insulin doses to get good blood sugar control
- Resources for improving mood and motivation
Please see our list of classes and group sessions for more information.
You don’t need an appointment to come to drop-in. It is an individual appointment done on a first come, first serve basis for a short visit (10 to 15 minutes) to address a question or concern you may have.
Effective August 6, 2019
71 Government St
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Wednesdays: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.