We offer three types of appointments:
- individual or follow-up
- classes and group sessions
Referral from a physician is not necessary for attendance in any of the programs offered. A family member or friend is welcome to attend with you.
Individual appointments are available with a Registered Nurse and Registered Dietitian.
Please see our list of classes and group sessions for more information.
Come with your questions or concerns regarding diet, exercise, blood glucose monitoring, understanding your blood glucose results, insulin, and help with self management.
These appointments are available for those who:
- are unable to attend a group
- would like follow-up or ongoing help with diabetes management
- would like help managing diabetes with other health conditions
- were re-referred by physician
- want information on insulin starts
- have gestational diabetes concerns
- have already attended a diabetes education group
West Coast General Hospital
3949 Port Alberni Hwy
Port Alberni, B.C.
Hours of Operation
Tuesday and Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Thursday: 1:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Wednesdays from 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.