A three-storey apartment-style setting located above the Aberdeen Seniors Centre on Hillside Avenue.
Access to subsidized assisted living units is through a Community Health Services assessment.
Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized units. For more information on subsidized residential care, contact an Island Health Community Health Services office near you.
For information on market units, please refer to the Seniors Housing Directory of BC.
1460 Hillside Ave
Victoria Cool Aid Society
Publicly Subsidized Units: 45
Private-Pay Units: 0
Built in 2003, this is a three-storey apartment-style setting located above the Aberdeen Seniors Centre on Hillside Avenue. It is on major bus routes and close to a large shopping centre.
In addition to providing Assisted Living services, Victoria Cool Aid Society specializes in providing low barrier supportive housing for people facing a variety of challenges.
Apartments are all one-bedroom suites with full kitchens and good accessibility and safety features. Four suites are purpose built for wheelchair use. The dining room has outdoor deck space for relaxation. Scooters may be stored inside suite. Limited short-term visitor parking is available on site.
Tenants must be 19+ years of age.
- One block from major shopping centre
- Two pharmacies within walking distance
- Adjacent to hospital and seniors wellness centre
- On a bus route
Language, Culture or Religious Affiliation
Philosophy of Care
Victoria Cool Aid Society’s philosophy is “Everyone Deserves Home”.
Type of Accommodation
Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income which covers:
- Monthly rental accommodation
- Hospitality services: two meals, weekly housekeeping, laundry, etc.
- Personal care
- On-site emergency response system
Residents on income assistance pay a flat rate. Items not included as a part of the monthly fee include: telephone, cable, hydro, personal laundry, household and toiletry supplies, medications, personal care products and insurance.
Special Recreational Opportunities
- Activities such as bingo, crafts and movie nights
- Residents are encouraged to be involved in daily tasks such as gardening and common area upkeep
- Common TV room, library, free computer use
- Additional activities planned around special events
Walkers, canes, manual or power wheelchairs and scooters can be accommodated.
Motorized Scooter Policy
Residents may have scooters for outdoor use only.
Scooters may be stored in suites.
Smoking in outside designated areas only.
- 24-hour staffing
- 24-hour on-site emergency response
- Cameras monitoring common areas
- Pendant-style personal alarm system
Any Other Amenities
Two meals - lunch and dinner.
No resident parking available.