This 54-unit assisted living residence built in 2007 has a main floor as well as three floors of apartments.
Access to subsidized assisted living units is through a Community Health Services assessment.
Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized units. For more information on subsidized residential care, contact an Island Health Community Health Services office near you.
For information on market units, please refer to the Seniors Housing Directory of BC.
1351 Ironwood St
Campbell River, B.C.
250-287-4486 ext. 222
Campbell River & District Association for Community Living
Publicly Subsidized Units: 54
Private-Pay Units: 0
This 54-unit assisted living residence built in 2007 has a main floor as well as three floors of apartments. The building is centrally located to shopping, bus routes and medical needs. There are two outdoor patio areas for the residents to enjoy.
The building has four floors with two elevators and is wheelchair accessible. There is also an outside entrance to a scooter garage. The building offers a hair salon, library, gardening area and various lounges throughout the building. Meals are served daily in our dining room with two seatings for lunch and dinner with a weekly meal plan for residents to fill out.
Tenants must be 55+ years of age with exceptions considered individually.
Ironwood Place is centrally located and is on a bus route. Located across the street from a shopping mall and walking distance to medical clinic.
Language, Culture or Religious Affiliation
Non-denominational services each Sunday.
Philosophy of Care
The Campbell River and District Association for Community Living's philosophy is based on the fundamental belief that each individual and/or family has the right to work toward achieving a quality of life that leads to self-fulfilment and meaning. The basic concept that guides us is the individual and/or family centred approach.
Type of Accommodation
- single or double occupancy
- 52 one-bedroom suites with full kitchens
- two suites with two bedrooms
- wheelchair accessible bathroom with walk-in shower and safety grab bars
- storage room in each suite
Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income which covers:
- monthly rental accommodation
- hospitality services: two meals and two snacks daily, weekly housekeeping, laundry, etc.
- personal care
- on-site emergency response system
Residents on income assistance pay a flat rate. Items not included as a part of the monthly fee include: telephone, cable, hydro, personal laundry, household and toiletry supplies, medications, personal care products and insurance.
Special Recreational Opportunities
- activity coordinator on site with monthly activity calendar
- activities include: exercise class, BINGO, cards and outings for any activities residents are interested in attending
- gardening club with green house that is resident focused
Motorized Scooter Policy
Scooters are for outside use only with residents able to gain entry via scooter garage door.
Non-smoking building with designated outside smoking area.
- pendant-style personal alarm system
- 24-hour security and emergency response
- secured entrance evenings and nights
- receptionist at desk during office hours
Any Other Amenities
- in-house weekly cleaning included with laundry service for sheets and towels
- on-site maintenance
- monthly resident meeting with administration for any concerns or suggestions
- personal care services provided by contracted Home Care agency
- home care available daily from 7 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. - 10 p.m.
All visitors must sign in at the front desk. Pets are not allowed in the building (residents or visiting). All residents are to notify admin if they have someone staying overnight in their suite. Visitors are to treat the residents and staff with respect. Visitors are to follow the guidelines that the resident has agreed to in the tenancy agreement.
During influenza season (typically December-March), to help protect patients from the flu, all visitors will be expected to wear a mask in our facilities if they have not had a flu shot. For more information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions and Influenza Protection Policy.