West Shore Lodge is a Supported and Assisted Living community for seniors conveniently located in Colwood B.C.
Access to subsidized assisted living units is through a Community Health Services assessment.
Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized units. For more information on subsidized residential care, contact an Island Health Community Health Services office near you.
For information on market units, please refer to the Seniors Housing Directory of BC.
1828 Island Hwy
Publicly Subsidized Units: 6
Private-Pay Units: 44
West Shore Lodge is a Supported and Assisted Living community for seniors conveniently located in Colwood B.C. Privately owned and operated, this four-storey apartment style building offers all the amenities of a hotel style living environment with spacious studio, one bedroom and two bedroom suites.
- full dining room, games, activity and exercise room, TV lounge, library with computer and internet access, garden patio, on site hairdresser
- covered parkade or outside parking available
- personal laundry facilities available for all residents on each floor
- electronic passcard controlled entrance
- in-suite 24-hour emergency call bell system
- single occupancy only in publicly subsidized units
- must be approved by Assisted Living Case Manager for placement and care in place
Close to hospitals, professional offices, shopping, banks, library and the Juan de Fuca Recreation and Senior Centre. The building borders the beautiful Galloping Goose Regional Trail and local public transportation stops almost at the front door.
Philosophy of Care
We are dedicated to the comfort and security of our residents, while working co-operatively with each resident to encourage independence and an active, healthy lifestyle. We believe in a family atmosphere along with mutual respect, care and privacy for all our residents.
Type of Accommodation
Each of the 18 one-bedroom and 16 two-bedroom suites are tastefully decorated and equipped with modern kitchenettes, private bathrooms with walk in style shower, ample storage and private balconies.
Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income which covers:
- monthly rental accommodation
- hospitality services: three meals and two snacks daily, weekly housekeeping, laundry, etc.
- personal care
- on-site emergency response system
Residents on income assistance pay a flat rate. Cable is included. Items not included as a part of the monthly fee include: telephone, hydro, personal laundry, household and toiletry supplies, medications, personal care products and insurance.
Special Recreational Opportunities
Social and recreational activities, entertainment, exercise programs, walking clubs, bus outings, craft clubs, theme dinners, Sunday brunch, education and health seminars.
- wheelchair accessible
- electric wheelchairs allowed inside the building
Motorized Scooter Policy
- no motorized scooters allowed in the building
- secure scooter parking is available in the covered parkade
Pet friendly with signed agreement.
No smoking inside the building. Anyone who wishes to smoke must be seven (7) meters away from entrances and windows.
- secured entrance
- electronic key pass for each resident
- sign-in sheets for all visitors
- 24-hour on sight staffing for emergency response
- fire and security systems including closed circuit cameras, sprinkler smoke and heat detectors in common areas and each suite
Any Other Amenities
- three meals per day are included in the rent
- cable television is included, but hydro is extra at $18.00 per month
- guest suite (based on availability, reasonable nightly rate)
- storage lockers (based on availability, small monthly cost)
- underground parking (based on availability, small monthly cost)
- hydro is not included - extra cost of $18.00 per month
Covered parkade or outside parking available.
During influenza season (typically December-March), to help protect patients from the flu, all visitors will be expected to wear a mask in our facilities if they have not had a flu shot. For more information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions and Influenza Protection Policy.