Legion Manor Victoria offers independent, supported and assisted living suites for seniors, nestled on five acres of beautifully landscaped grounds in the heart of the Saanich Peninsula.
Access to subsidized assisted living units is through a Community Health Services assessment.
Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized units. For more information on subsidized residential care, contact an Island Health Community Health Services office near you.
For information on market units, please refer to the Seniors Housing Directory of BC.
7601 East Saanich Rd
South Vancouver Island Zone Housing Society
BC Seniors Living Association Seal of Approval 2014 - 2018.
Publicly Subsidized Units: 24
Private-Pay Units: 123
Legion Manor Victoria offers independent, supported and assisted living suites for seniors, nestled on five acres of beautifully landscaped grounds in the heart of the farmlands of the picturesque Saanich Peninsula. Conveniently located on a local bus route, close the Saanich Peninsula Hospital, shopping and professional offices.
A not for profit community, owned and operated by the Southern Vancouver Island Zone Housing Society, Legion Manor Victoria offers all the amenities of a hotel style living environment with spacious one bedroom suites and full sized self-contained one bedroom apartments.
Large Dining Room, private dining room, library, living room, exercise/activity room, arts and craft room, beautifully landscaped grounds with walking trails through-out the property, beauty salon (pay for service), spa (pay for service), shuttle bus (pay for service), foot care nurse (pay for service), shuttle van for medical appointments (pay for service) and our own community 14-passenger bus for outings and excursions.
Tenants must be 55+ years of age.
Public transportation stops in front of the property. Shopping, banking and professional offices within one kilometre. The Saanich Peninsula Hospital and Mount Newton Adult Day Centre are within two kms.
Language, Culture or Religious Affiliation
Everyone welcome. Multi-denominational worship and church services available to all residents.
Philosophy of Care
We are dedicated to providing safe, friendly, home-like seniors' housing in a tranquil, rural environment.
Type of Accommodation
- single or double occupancy
- 78 low-income housing apartments – newly renovated one-bedroom suites with full kitchen, full bathroom and private patio or balcony, approximately 500 square feet in size
- 68 supported and assisted living suites – one-bedroom suites with partial kitchen, full bathroom and private patio or balcony, approximately 550 square feet in size
Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income which covers:
- monthly rental accommodation;
- hospitality services: two meals and two snacks daily, weekly housekeeping, laundry, etc.
- personal care
- on-site emergency response system
Residents on income assistance pay a flat rate. Items not included as a part of the monthly fee include: telephone, cable, hydro, personal laundry, household and toiletry supplies, medications, personal care products and insurance.
Special Recreational Opportunities
Our Leisure Services Coordinator arranges social, spiritual and recreational activities, entertainment, exercise programs, walking clubs, craft programs, theme dinners, education and health seminars. Our new 14 passenger bus takes our residents on shopping trips, meal outings, and excursions to local points of interest.
The Supportive Housing and Assisted Living suites are all fully wheelchair accessible. Two large elevators allows access to the second and third floors of the building.
Motorized Scooter Policy
- outside scooters are not allowed inside the main building
- complimentary scooter storage is provided for personal scooters
- complimentary scooters are available for residents to borrow upon completion of our Scooter Safety Course
Legion Manor Victoria has a no pet policy, however we welcome visiting pets.
Legion Manor Victoria is a non-smoking building. Smoking is allowed only in designated outside areas.
- secured entrance way with individual suite enter-phone system
- closed circuit security system monitoring the interior and exterior of the building
- 24 hour emergency response system
- all suites are equipped with sprinkler systems, smoke and heat detectors
- an emergency generator on site provides electricity in the event of power outages
Any Other Amenities
- housing available for low income seniors
- you do not need to be a veteran or member of the Legion to reside at Legion Manor Victoria
- located on 5 acres of park like grounds on the beautiful Saanich Peninsula
Family, friends and other guests are always welcome. We ask that you sign in and out at our administration office when entering and leaving the building. Pets are welcome but must be leashed and under control at all times.
During influenza season (typically December-March), to help protect patients from the flu, all visitors will be expected to wear a mask in our facilities if they have not had a flu shot. For more information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions and Influenza Protection Policy.