Cokely Manor are self-supporting, non-denominational homes for the elderly of Parksville, B.C. & District.
Access to subsidized assisted living units is through a Community Health Services assessment.
Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized units. For more information on subsidized residential care, contact an Island Health Community Health Services office near you.
For information on market units, please refer to the Seniors Housing Directory of BC.
266A Moilliet St
250-248-4331 ext. 104
Arrowsmith Health Care (2011) Society
No restrictions on visiting hours.
Accreditation Primer award received for September 2016 - 2018.
Accreditation is an external peer review process to assess and improve the services health care organizations provide to their patients and clients, based on standards of excellence set by Accreditation Canada. For more information, visit Accreditation Canada.
Publicly Subsidized Units: 30
Private-Pay Units: 0
Newly renovated in 2006, Cokely Manor is part of a community of care that utilizes the Eden Alternative Principles of Care. It is located in a residential community area northwest of the downtown Parksville core.
Operated by the Arrowsmith Health Care (2011) Society, this development is adjacent to the services of a complex care facility and provides ground level units that have been built to accessibility standards.
The building includes a media room, a lounge with a large fireplace, a dining area and a computer room located in the spacious lobby area. The basement area has a craft room and scooter storage. There is also an adult day center located on this site.
Language, Culture or Religious Affiliation
Philosophy of Care
We believe that our residents should live in an environment where care of the total person is emphasized, is family-oriented as much as possible; and where care delivery is planned to enhance the quality of life in the advancing years.
Type of Accommodation
- single or double Occupancy
- modern kitchenette with microwave and refrigerator
- concrete slab patios
- bathrooms have step-in showers with molded corner seats
- separate storage units for each suite
Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income which covers
- monthly rental accommodation
- hospitality services: two meals daily, weekly housekeeping, laundry, etc.
- personal care; and
- on-site emergency response system
Residents on income assistance pay a flat rate. Items not included as a part of the monthly fee include: telephone, personal laundry, household and toiletry supplies, medications, personal care products and insurance.
Special Recreational Opportunities
- activity program
- bus available for outings
- hair salon located at adjacent complex care facility open to tenants of Cokely Manor
Accessible by walker.
Motorized Scooter Policy
Scooter use outside only.
Pets permitted on approval of Manager only.
- camera monitoring in common areas
- secured entrance 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.
- footprint security perimeter checks performed twice per night
Any Other Amenities
- small sundry store
- indoor scooter parking available no added charge
- no permanent wheelchair use in carpeted areas
- restaurant is open to the public
Parking is free but limited.