Respite is a short period of rest and relief for caregivers. Caregivers are usually a family member, friend or spouse/partner and respite gives caregivers a much-needed break to join in community activities, rest and renew their energy.
We provide respite through services in your home, such as home support.
The amount you pay depends on the type of respite you need. Ask your case manager for more information about costs for the service you are considering.
For more information, please read about contact an Island Health Community Health Services office near you.
Resources for Clients and Caregivers
- COVID-19 admission precautions for all new admissions to Assisted-Living, Long-term care and Respite
- Long-Term Care Respite Program Brochure
- Piercy Respite Hotel Brochure
- Respite Care Site Info for Clients and Families - Central Island
- Respite Care Site Info for Clients and Families - North Island
- Respite Care Site Info for Clients and Families - South Island