These resources apply to Peer Mentors who support Health Care Support Workers (HCSWs), and Peer Mentors want to learn more about the HCSW role.
Peer Mentors play an important part in supporting HCSWs during the site/facility orientation process and throughout the HCSW learning experience.
Peer mentors develop relationships with HCSWs by sharing their experiences, knowledge and connections, to support HCSWs in their non-clinical, day-to-day practice.
Training Health Care Support Workers
- Health Care Support Worker Peer Mentorship Guide
- Onboarding and Orientation Overview
- Safety Learning Requirements Checklist (Microsoft Word)
- Getting to Know My Site: Orientation Checklist Health Care Support Worker (Microsoft Word)
- Training Evaluation - HCSW (Microsoft Word)
- Sign-in Sheet HCSW (template) (Microsoft Word)
- Creating a LearninbHub Account and Registering for Courses
Mentoring and Supporting
- Health Care Access Program: Frequently Asked Questions
- Long Term Care Philosophy of Care
- Peer Mentorship Orientation Workshop Agenda
- Peer Mentorship in Long-Term Care (Microsoft Powerpoint)
- Health Care Support Worker Orientation Workshop Agenda
- Health Care Support Worker in Long-term Care (Microsoft Powerpoint)
- Facilitator Guide for HCSW Training