The Employee Preferred Purchasing (EPP) program is an opportunity to participate in an innovative partnership with the Island Health community.
Acceptance in the EPP program will help you get your business information out to our 21,500 employees, physicians, volunteers and auxiliary members.
This is your chance to provide your products and services to a huge customer base, while helping us supply meaningful discounts and purchasing options to our health care providers.
- With its easy online sign-up and website that is updated regularly, the EPP program will help you get your business name and contact information out to over 21,500 employees, physicians, volunteers and auxiliary members of the Vancouver Island Health Authority.
- The EPP program will also encourage new customers to come into your business, it will help you gain and retain loyal customers in an increasingly competitive environment and it will help get your business known in your community.
- The EPP program does not cost you as a vendor anything to participate in and the greater discount/value-added service that you offer Island Health employees, physicians, volunteers and auxiliary members, the more likely they are to come to your business.
- Vendor offers are visible on a website that is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The website is updated on a regular basis with new information.
Essential Criteria for Acceptance:
- Vendor provides a goods and/or service discount of a minimum of 10%, or value-added service of the same equivalent to Island Health staff.
- Vendor is an organization with a reputation for quality and service and is in good standing with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Products/Programs/Services must not involve order processing by Island Health or additional staff resources.
Consideration will also be given to the quality of the goods or services offered and the extent to which vendors can show the value of the offer is greater than those offered to other customers.
*Island Health reserves the right to refuse a vendor offer for any reason and remove a vendor from the program at its discretion. This consideration includes the report of negative feedback from Island Health employees.
*Island Health will not accept vendors that are essentially inconsistent with or undermine Island Health’s vision, mission and values or violate the spirit and intent of its mandate: “Serving and involving the people of the islands to maintain and improve health”.
How to participate in the Employee Preferred Purchasing (EPP) Program
Vendors are welcome to fill out the Expression of Interest Form. Island Health staff will contact businesses who qualify for the program to finalize the vendor application process.
Contact the program at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-98-VALUE (1-888-988-2583) if you have questions.