The goal of this provincial initiative is to improve access to care for patients living with this rhythm disorder. We provide education and medical management to improve the quality of life for people experiencing atrial fib, a type of heart rhythm disorder.
We do this through:
- consultation with a heart specialist doctor (cardiologist) and registered nurse or pharmacist, to establish a safe and individualized treatment plan
- ordering tests or procedures
- telephone follow-up to help plan care and treatment
- counselling and information about atrial fibrillation and medications
- group education sessions about atrial fib and its treatment options
- referrals to other programs and services as required
Who can participate?
People experiencing atrial fibrillation (atrial fib), who reside on Vancouver Island or surrounding communities.
General Information on Atrial Fibrillation Clinic - Heart Health
Patients can self-refer to attend a free education class.
Royal Jubilee Hospital
Royal Block- 3rd Floor, Room 343
1952 Bay St