Your health care partners want you to get the best possible care, support and outcome for your hip or knee surgery. Our main goals in supporting you are to:
- Reduce your wait time for surgery
- Support you – from your first appointment, all the way to recovery
- Make sure you understand everything you need to know and do to get ready for and recover from your surgery
Total Hip or Knee Replacement Surgery Locations
- Nanaimo Hip and Knee Centre
- North Island Hospital Hip and Knee Centre
- Rebalance MD Hip and Knee Centre
Patient Education & Rehabilitation Resources
You play a key role in preparing for and recovering from surgery. The following resources and videos relay important information and demonstrate exercises, and precautions, relevant to your procedure. The resources provide detailed instructions on what to expect before, during and after your surgery and what equipment that needs to be ordered in advance so that you are well prepared.
Getting Ready for Surgery Guides:
- Getting Ready for and Recovering from Hip Replacement Surgery
- Getting Ready for and Recovering from Knee Replacement Surgery
- Getting Ready for Surgery
For rehabilitation education and resources, including recovery videos, visit the Hip & Knee Replacement Rehabilitation page.
General Information on Total Hip or Knee Replacement Surgery