Island Health Staff
Physicians with privileges at any of the Island Health sites, and all Island Health staff are entitled to the full complement of services.
Island Health Staff Doing School Projects
- Asked to do their own photocopying: 20 cents per page
- Asked to do their own literature searches
- Inter-library loans services available on a fee-for-service basis
Camosun, VIU & UVic Faculty and Students working in a practice setting in Island Health
Students and Faculty may use books, journals and videos in the library during regular hours. The following applies to Student and Faculty use of our facilities:
- A brief orientation to the library is available upon request
- Photocopies may be made at 20 cents per page
- Please request research/reference assistance and interlibrary loans through Camosun, Malaspina or UVic
- Faculty may borrow videos. Please request through your library's Interlibrary Loan Department
- Island Health staff have priority at computer workstations
Students and Faculty involved in practicum work with Island Health are eligible for additional services/privileges when doing work directly related to patient care. Please consult library staff.
Members of the Public
Visitors are welcome to use the collections on premises. Our mandate is to serve Island Health staff and physicians who hold current identification badges. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources or computer stations to help visitors with research. We recommend that visitors first go to their academic and/or public libraries for research assistance prior to visiting us. A photocopier is available for use at 20 cents per page.
Retired Physicians and Physicians Without Hospital Privileges
- Asked to do their own photocopying.
- Asked to do their own literature searches (a brief orientation to searching MedLine will be done if needed).
- Inter-library loans services available on a fee-for-service basis.