Note: These resources are intended for use by Island Health professionals. Resources marked with an asterisk * are only accessible from an Island Health networked computer.
Clinical Key for nursing
If your device connects to Island Health's Citrix network, you can authenticate as if accessing ClinicalKey on your desktop or laptop. Or, if you've registered on the ClinicalKey Web site from an Island Health network computer, simply log in to ClinicalKey on your mobile device.
Control of Communicable Diseases Manual
Listed below are some links to videos on installing the CCDM app. Each user can download the content to one smartphone and one tablet. Unboundmedicine is compatible with Android and Apple devices.
- Creating a uCentral Account on an iPhone
- Creating a uCentral Account on an iPad
- Register for a uCentral account on a mobile device
When logged into an Island Health PC, go to the UpToDate web page:
- Click “Log In/Register” link in top right corner
- Complete all fields with your information and create an UpToDate username & password
- Download the UpToDate app from your mobile device's app store
- Login to the app with your UpToDate username & password
NOTE: You will be asked to log in to UpToDate on an Island Health computer every 30 days to maintain your mobile access.
- Download the STAT!Ref app from your mobile device's app store
- Follow mobile instructions on the STAT!Ref mobile page
- Enter Accessing eBooks username and password from the Accessing Offsite* Intranet web page
- Check the box that says "log me in automatically"
Note: every 90 days users of the STAT!Ref app will need to renew their account.
- Download the QXMD Read app from your mobile device's app store
- Customize to follow major journals or medical specialities linking to full text articles.
- Set up direct access to UBC or the College of Physicians e-journals by clicking on the set-up icon (2 gears) in the upper right of the main QXMD screen, then selecting Institutional access. Select UBC or the College as your institution, then enter your Campus Wide Login Info (UBC) or your College of Physicians registration number on the Proxy Setup screen.
PubMed4Hh for Android, iPad or iPhone
PubMed4Hh: PubMed for Handhelds, provides a natural language search tool (askMEDLINE), sections for clinical queries, a journal browser, and more. Download from the App Store or Google Play.
For patient handouts.