Minimizing health risks to the public is one of Island Health’s most important responsibilities and we take the protection of our drinking water sources very seriously.
Comox Lake is the primary drinking water source for the Comox Valley and currently provides potable water for approximately 41,000 people. It is the only large water source for the community and we want to ensure the quality and quantity of this supply well into the future.
The development of an Ordered Drinking Water Protection Plan Process is being requested to ensure a continued safe and secure drinking water supply for the Comox Valley.
Hazard Abatement or Prevention Orders were issued August 7, 2015, by Medical Heath Officer Dr. Charmaine Enns to the following recipients:
- Comox Valley Regional District
- The Corporation of the Village of Cumberland
- TimberWest Forest Corporation
Additional information and communication:
- Hazard Abatement Order Report - Options Study Letter - Nov 2015
- Hazard Abatement Order Report prepared by Tetra Tech EBA Inc. - Sept 2015