Ts’i’ts’uwatul Lelum is a 50-unit, four-storey building with Indigenous design and decor.
Access to subsidized assisted living units is through a Community Health Services assessment.
Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized units. For more information on subsidized residential care, contact an Island Health Community Health Services office near you.
For information on market units, please refer to the Seniors Housing Directory of BC.
5755 Allenby Rd
M'akola ILBC Housing Society
Publicly Subsidized Units: 50
Private-Pay Units: 0
Ts’i’ts’uwatul Lelum is a four storey building with Indigenous design and decor. The landscaping design creates a wonderful outdoor environment.
- dining room and private dining room
- craft room
- outdoor gathering place
- theatre room and lounge
- laundry on each floor
- assisted bathing room
- hair/podiatry room
Close proximity to shopping, pharmacy and services near the downtown area.
Language, Culture or Religious Affiliation
Everyone is welcome.
Philosophy of Care
We provide culturally appropriate, respectful, affordable shelter and hospitality services to all residents.
Type of Accommodation
- 50 units (46 one bedroom and 4 two bedroom units)
- each unit has a kitchen with fridge and stove
- additional storage in each unit
Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income which covers:
- monthly rental accommodation
- hospitality services: two meals and two snacks daily, weekly housekeeping, laundry, etc.
- personal care
- on-site emergency response system
Residents on income assistance pay a flat rate. Items not included as a part of the monthly fee include: telephone, cable, hydro, personal laundry, household and toiletry supplies, medications, personal care products and insurance.
Special Recreational Opportunities
- ongoing calendar of recreation events will be provided at Ts’i’ts’uwatul' Lelum
- crafts, bingo, music, art, fitness and entertainment are some of the regular events that will be provided
- the outdoor space as well as special interior spaces will be used to provide meaningful events
Ground level entry with elevators to all levels.
Motorized Scooter Policy
Allowed in the building and suites but not in the dining room.
Outdoor designated spaces only.
- safety features and emergency response
- 24-hour staffing
- security cameras throughout the interior and exterior of the building
During influenza season (typically December-March), to help protect patients from the flu, all visitors will be expected to wear a mask in our facilities if they have not had a flu shot. For more information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions and Influenza Protection Policy .