The building has 186 suites built in an urban setting close to all shops, restaurants and main bus routes.
Access to subsidized assisted living units is through a Community Health Services assessment.
Please do not contact the Operator directly regarding subsidized units. For more information on subsidized residential care, contact an Island Health Community Health Services office near you.
For information on market units, please refer to the Seniors Housing Directory of BC.
2638 Ross Lane
Ross Place Seniors Residence Society
Publicly Subsidized Units: 40
Private-Pay Units: 146
This seniors oriented, completely renovated (2002) steel and concrete building is located close to the intersection of Douglas and Hillside. The building has 186 suites built in an urban setting close to all shops, restaurants and main bus routes. Includes rear entrance for Handy-dart or family pickup.
The building is built around two open-air landscaped courtyards and a rooftop garden is used in the summer months.
The building has three floors with two elevators. The interior is accessible for wheelchair and scooter use. Wide corridors lead into many cozy lounge areas on each floor and a large dining room is situated on the second floor. A library, large social lounge, exercise room, tub room and hair salon are located throughout the building.
Philosophy of Care
A convenient location with top-quality care.
Type of Accommodation
- single or double occupancy
- studio and one-bedroom suites, some with private balconies
- 31 different floor plans make each suite unique
- four suites have been designed for physically challenged clients
- each unit has a kitchenette with full-size fridge and spaces for microwave - no stoves
- large closets for storage
- bathrooms have walk in showers
- grab rails installed by building staff on request
Residents pay 70% of their after-tax income which covers:
- monthly rental accommodation
- hospitality services: two meals and two snacks daily, weekly housekeeping, laundry, etc.
- personal care
- on-site emergency response system
Residents on income assistance pay a flat rate. Items not included as a part of the monthly fee include: telephone, hydro, personal laundry, household and toiletry supplies, medications, personal care products and insurance.
Special Recreational Opportunities
Activity Coordinator develops a daily schedule of programs for seniors including:
- exercise classes
- movie nights
- discussion groups
- planned outings
- private bus outings for shopping and recreation
Manual or power wheelchair use throughout.
Motorized Scooter Policy
Scooters used throughout building.
Pets are permitted on approval of manager.
Smoking permitted in designated outdoor areas only.
Secured entrance evenings/nights.
Any Other Amenities
- three enclosed outdoor garden areas
- four open sundecks with city and mountain views
- 27 seat movie theatre
- two dining rooms
- great room and activity room
- spa tub
- exercise equipment
Parking is available on site in a secured compound.
Find information on assisted living visitor guidelines.
Please contact staff to learn more about visiting this location.
During influenza season (typically December-March), to help protect patients from the flu, all visitors will be expected to wear a mask in our facilities if they have not had a flu shot. For more information, please read our Influenza Protection Policy.